Differences between Euathlus sp blue and Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi?

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
I'm just curious on what the differences between the 2 are? Because from every picture I've seen they both seem to look identical to me. They both seem to have the same distinct blue femurs. Surely they aren't the same species just being called 2 different things right? If anyone can show me a separate picture of each and point out the differences it would be much appreciated. Or if you can explain the differences that would be great too.

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
I'm not to sure about this one.

As I purchased what was labled as a Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi and from what I can see it looks nothing like the photos I have seen of the sp.
The one I purchased looks more like a Euathlus sp. yellow... So to add to your question, does anyone know if the Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi looks like Euathlus sp. yellow when it's younger? Do they look similar at ANY point in their lives??

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Euathlus sp blue and Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi is the same spider. I dont think they ever have been correctly Identified as E. pulcherrimaklassi, so some people use the name sp."blue". Years back alot of Homoeomma sp. "blue" were incorectly sold as Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi as well, so you might find images online still labeled that way.

Later, Tom

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Yea I knew about the people who were labeling them as Homoeomma sp blue but I didn't know for sure if the pulcherrimaklaasi and sp blue we're the same. Thank you though Tom, I appreciate you clarifying this for me.