Cork bark round or cork bark flat

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
Do poecilotheria regalis prefer to hide in a cork bark round or do they like being on a cork bark flat. Should I get both and put them in the enclosure?

I tried searching for pics of P. regalis setups but nothing really came up but I will continue to look. If you have pics of your P. Regalis setups that would help me a lot! Thanks!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have cork bark rounds in BOTH m and f regalis enclosures ... and a flat corkbark backdrop in my males. they both love the cork tubes, and the female wanders out to explore. the Male NEVER leaves the tube. (ive seen him out of it less than 20x since it was a 1" sling though and hes now 5+")

MattInNYC

Arachnopeon
I can't tell you which they would actually prefer, my guess would be the rounds. However at home I use cork bark flats leaned up against the back of the tank because I take pictures of my tarantulas and want to be able to access them when needed. The one P. regalis I took care of that was kept in a round was hardly ever out. Also even with the flats, they'll still enclose the hide more by webbing around the sides and top of it once they've settled in.

scuba113

Arachnosquire
My regalis has flat so Iam able to see him and I think it works just because I don't want him molting inside then end up having a bad molt but that's just me.