What is gonna be the new fad in tarantulas this year?

LV-426

Arachnobaron
When I first joined the boards it seemed G. pulchura was the flavor of the month ,and it was really expensive for a confirmed female. As time went on E. olivacea, Scotra island blue, and P. subfusca became a fad also. Is there anything new and exciting gonna be coming out within the next couple years?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hapalopus sp. Columbia Large (pumpkin patch), are becoming popular fast. I have 10 slings. Very awesome little fellas.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
---My predictions---
Xenesthis sp
Nhandu tripepii
Also I'm seeing more people talk about Pamphobeteus mostly antinous

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
---My predictions---
Xenesthis sp
Nhandu tripepii
Also I'm seeing more people talk about Pamphobeteus mostly antinous
i see this happening along with what catfish has stated....Hapalopus sp.... dwarves have been becoming very popular

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
N.tripepii,since there are actually a few people working on them at once,maybe we will see some good results.
Not like they will ever become common,but it would be nice to get more out there for people to enjoy.

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd like to see more Brachypelma klaasi, but that might just be a personal thing.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I could see Xenesthis species becoming very popular as soon as more people start producing them. They're just so beautiful and unique looking and they get quite large very fast.

I'd love to see Pamphobeteus start to become more popular too.