Tiny or small tarantula

Northarachno

Arachnopeon
Hi!
I`m looking tiny or small tarantula. My ideal size is legspan 3-5 cm, is this small species? I know few little species, but where i can get and can you recommed something? Now i have G.rosea and H.uruguayense. Species?

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holothele incei, Cyclosternum fasciatum, and Hapalopus sp. meet your criteria.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Holothele incei, Cyclosternum fasciatum, and Hapalopus sp. meet your criteria.
I've been told C fasciatum get about 4.5" so that's more than double what the OP is looking for.

try genus Cyriocosmus

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
Check out the dwarf tarantulas, Cyriocosmus, Ami, Metriopelma, Heterothele, Holothele. Feel free to add in any I missed.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the catch! My brain automatically saw inches rather than centimeters. Should have had more coffee this morning...

Northarachno

Arachnopeon
Ok, Thanks for the quick answers! I have to check that genus Cyriocosmus. Cyriocosmus ritae and C. elegans look nice.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
as Amoeba said. try Cyriocosmus. 5cm is still smaller than 2 inches.

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
I've got a Cyriocosmus ritae sling, it's molted twice since I bought it and it's still under 1cm :D Very pretty little sling though.

Northarachno

Arachnopeon
How easy this Cyriocosmus genus is? Are they how venomous? I`m a beginner and i have only two tarantulas G.rosea and H.uruguayense, so can i buy these Cyriocosmus?

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
I have a mature male Paraphysa scrofa who is about 2". He's a cute little guy.

Necromion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus are relativly simple to take care of. The only real major things that you need to be aware of is that they are often skitish and exteremly nervous other wise you shouldn't have any problems taking care of one. I'm currently raising a C. elegans, and have raised C. ritae to maturity. I would recommend both species just keep in mind if your looking for a C. elegans they pretty much can live in a vial for life (1.5" if im not mistaken).

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Got my C ritae sling for GBP £10 a couple of months back. So far it's been a doddle to keep, webbed up like crazy - which it sits perched on top of. As others noted it is skittish and fast off the mark, I had a bit of a time last night chasing it around the bench when it decided to make a run for it! As a sling it's got a really beautiful bright patterning to it.

Huzi

Arachnopeon
I've got 2 C.perezmilesi slings and from what I hear they grow to about 5-6 cm and occasionally 7 cm

fartbreath

Arachnopeon
C. Elegans is elegant!

The heart shape on the back of its abdomen will surely amaze you!