Your most docile T?

Yubz

Arachnopeon
So i thought we could all say a bit about the most docile T we have in our collections.
Anyone have a notoriously aggressive species that is actually super laid back?
They all have individual personalities so i think there could be alot of different species mentioned in this thread!
Doing this as i'm bored at work and i'm sure others of us are as well haha.

My most docile is my B.Albopilosum. She never gets startled, never makes a fuss when i do tank maintenance and is happy to sit and chill on my hand if i'm moving her to clean her enclosure out. She reminds me of a fuzzy bean bag.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
my OBT rarely gives a threat posture, usually just hides. But then again that's b/c she has an extensive tunnel and web structure.

But to answer your question about my most docile T, I would say my LP sling.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my OBT rarely gives a threat posture, usually just hides. But then again that's b/c she has an extensive tunnel and web structure.
+1. My OBT never rears up, just retreats all the time and is fast as lightening! I'd have to say that he's my most docile T xD I even have a video of him grooming while in my hand!

JanesLastResort

Arachnopeon
+1. My OBT never rears up, just retreats all the time and is fast as lightening! I'd have to say that he's my most docile T xD I even have a video of him grooming while in my hand!
Would love to see said video.

And i'll echo everyone else before me. My OBT is the complete opposite of what you see in videos.

goodoldneon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B. smithi (big surprise there) – I have owned her for six months now, and she hasn’t even hinted at putting on any type of threat display. Once, she did lift her back leg as if she was threatening to kick some hairs, but put it down just as quickly – you could tell her heart just wasn’t in it. I could be mistaken, but I think I might of heard her mutter – “Meh….”

I handle her often (and carefully) - she's about as calm as can be.

Yubz

Arachnopeon
Fair play for handling one of them! I'd be pranging that it would teleport onto my face or into a corner somewhere haha.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll try and get the video off my phone and onto the computer tonight! I felt honored to have him do such a thing while in my hand xD

b smithi

Arachnopeon
My G. pulchripes is super tame, as is my B. smithi and A. versi.... overall, I'd say the G. Pulchripes takes the cake. I love that spider. :)

felmor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. pulchripes is super tame, as is my B. smithi and A. versi.... overall, I'd say the G. Pulchripes takes the cake. I love that spider. :)
for what I know ts can never be tamed.. maybe they just get used being handled.

matt82

Arachnoknight
I also have an OBT which does not fit into the evil bracket. She is not docile, but will immediately bolt for her burrow at the hint of any activity around her enclosure.

Most docile T I have is the Avic. versicolor, quite jumpy, but that's it.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
My G. pulchripes and my Aphonopelma chalcodes are the sweetest spiders in the world! I use them to teach children not to be afraid of spiders! I take them all over the state and region doing programs with them, and they're just so well behaved.

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
My A. metallica is a pet rock; even more so than my satanic G. rosea! I agree with all the above about the OBT, mine is just super shy.

AlexRC

Arachnopeon
I'd have to say it's definitely my B. Albo. She won't even move unless I (gently) nudge her a couple of times. She's very peaceful, and very docile. I have a few that are very docile, but she takes the crown without a doubt.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow.. i love all these answers. my obt is freakin EVIL, however it (i think she) is eerily calm lately at times. i cleaned its cage TODAY bare handed , removing its hide(while it was in it) and all. my B . albopilosum and my PZB are crazy fast and defensive ... i have 2 G. pulchripes atm and one is fast/ skittish and defensive, while the other is AMAZINGLY docile and seemingly friendly. id have to say it is the "friendliest" t i own. it will eat like a champ, crawl up out of the baby food jar its housed in, and chill in my hand. i think it likes to be handled. knowing my luck it will be my 1st t bite one day .......on a side note, i dont usually handle ANY of my ts. i HAVE been doing a sort of experiment with my 2 G. pulchripes however. one i plan to never really interact with while the one previously mentioned is the one i plan to handle from sling to adulthood. i like noting differences that way

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
I'd prolly have to say my G. rosea Maryjane at the moment. I think as some of my younger spiders grow up, they might lay off being scared as hell of every little disturbance around their enclosures lol, but who knows

Yubz

Arachnopeon
I'd have to say it's definitely my B. Albo. She won't even move unless I (gently) nudge her a couple of times. She's very peaceful, and very docile. I have a few that are very docile, but she takes the crown without a doubt.
Same here, i cleaned mine's enclosure out the other day and she didnt even move when i took the cork bark burrow from above her head. I have to nudge her to move her. Super docile, bless her.

Jim1990

Arachnopeon
I would have to say my G. rosea is more laid back than any of mine. My B. albo seems to be more aggressive than any of them. Anything that moves in her enclosure or even if I put water in their she attack's it trying to bite whatever it is multiple times. My male B. albo that I use to have before he died was extremely laid back. Each kind of T can be different.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
my 3 avics & 2 B smithi's

2" baby malasian earthtiger did its first threat pose when I gave it corkbark lol.... mean T:mad: