Bolivian Steely Blue or Cobalt Blue?

und3adwarrior

Arachnopeon
I've had a T before and it was pretty cool. I enjoyed him greatly, but he recently passed away. I'm looking to get a new one, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I'd think that since I'm not a very experienced owner, I shouldn't go with the cobalt blue more so because it's aggressive. I think both of these spiders are beautiful, and I'd prefer the BSB, but I am having trouble finding information about how to care for it. Can anyone help me out? I don't know proper temperature, humidity and all the little things. I've seen someone hold one in a YouTube video, but should I not attempt, or is it more docile?

Thanks in advance. :)

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
Pamphobeteus antinous and Haplopelma lividum? From reading, not experience, I highly do not recomend these. What species was your other tarantula. I'm guessing a G. rosea or some other easy docile T. Both you mentioned are hard to take care of and most are aggresive. P. antinious are bad hair flickers (itchy hairs they kick from their "butts") and H. lividum is beautiful, but it is basically a pet hole, and it is extremely fats and aggresive plus needs tons of substrate. I would recommend Brachypelma's such as B. albopiousum, vagans, emilia, smithi. Also most grammostolea (slow growing terrestrial/burrowing), Aphonopelma (slow growing terrestrial/burrowing), some avicularia (fast growing, arboreal, specific humidity requirements), and probably more. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Don't get G. rosea, they are boring, moody, slow growing, known to fast for months, and nearly everyone has one. Maybe a red color form, but not grey or brown.
Edit: P. antinous:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?14615-Pamphobeteus-antinous

See how easy that was? Please just quickly search the scientific names and forget the common ones. Tons of results. Check google, then search on here. P. antinous and H. lividum or Pamphobeteus antinous and Haplopelma lividum. Then look up good starter tarantula or something like that.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
Hey, I LOVE my RCF G.rosea!

Anyway, personally I'd go for something like a Green Bottle Blue. Gorgeous spiders that don't need very advanced keeping.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I've had a T before and it was pretty cool. I enjoyed him greatly, but he recently passed away. I'm looking to get a new one, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I'd think that since I'm not a very experienced owner, I shouldn't go with the cobalt blue more so because it's aggressive. I think both of these spiders are beautiful, and I'd prefer the BSB, but I am having trouble finding information about how to care for it. Can anyone help me out? I don't know proper temperature, humidity and all the little things. I've seen someone hold one in a YouTube video, but should I not attempt, or is it more docile?

Thanks in advance. :)
I have had experience with a H. lividum, I really didn't like it much. I would watch out for mites since they may hide the food boluses in their hide. I also have 4 Pamphobeteus sp 2 that are around 3in, I keep them on half wet/dry substrate and it works for me. With Pamphobeteus I have noticed they are nervous and flick hairs, but IMO I like them better than H. lividum.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus are my favorite terrestrial tarantulas, hands down. That said, they're not your typical beginner spider. They are very skittish, will kick hairs with nearly no disturbance, and for a large terrestrial, are fast. They're also fairly pricey right now. I don't know how that factors into your decision, but I think it's better to "learn" on the cheaper more readily available species.

Also, it seems as though you have a thing for blue given these species. Pamphobeteus antinous really only has significant amounts of blue in the mature males. The adult females are a gorgeous black/brown with red bristles on the abdomen. They're beautiful (among my absolute favorites) but will be a disappointment if you're expecting a lot of blue. I recommend checking out Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, affectionately known as green bottle blues or GBBs.