New acrylic setup (pics)

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Just went simple with these...think I will house my juvie Lp's in these. I got them for half price at a craft store a few weeks ago so I grabbed a bunch.Its hard to see but the cork bark actually has a lot of room under it.

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice! I love the backdrop.. And the plant.. Well, actually the whole thing. What are the measurements of the cube if you don't mind my asking?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh! Nice! What size are they and what craft store? I'm always looking for economical terrestrial containers.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I like those, I bet if you cut the lid you could fashion it for an arboreal?

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
They are actually pretty big 15.5 x 7 x 6. normally $20.00 but it was half off at michaels that week. (although they may be like 12.00 right now not sure) They have a buy in bulk where you can order a few or ton in store. I got the vents from this site http://roundvents.com/main.sc

And yes you could easily make it an aboreal set-up it sits pretty well standing up. I have a few that I'm doing for a couple pokies.

matt82

Arachnoknight
Great looking enclosure there, I would use all acrylic enclosures if I could, very happy with the two I have.

Did you have to fit the soffit vents yourself, or is this intended for tarantula housing? Looks great :)

matt82

Arachnoknight
Thanks for that, I understand the process involved in making a hole in acrylic though ;) I was just asking was the enclosure bought as is, or did you modify it, cheers for clearing that up. Again, looks great how you've set it up, good bargain too!

Frostbite

Arachnopeon
Very nice! I like these so much more than Kritter Keepers, although KK's are a lot cheaper off of eBay.

What did you use to secure the vents?

I am going to get the Michaels coupon from tomorrow's newspaper and go shopping?

Thanks for the post!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, what dept did you find these in? I'm looking for things exactly like this but haven't seen anything anywhere

Fuma

Arachnopeon
ive gone to many craft store and never find stuff like that..... lucky you... i just went to Lows and just bought 6 8x10 sheets of plexi glasscfor like $12, a hadlle and some hinges fore $2 and made my own... did come out that bad for my first homemade tank

ANDROGOD

Arachnopeon
that is a pretty awesome setup! wish my local craft store carried amac boxes that big