Curious about rose hair naming

mmfh

Arachnobaron
It seems that people are using the name G. rosea to refer to the rcf and G. Porteri to refer to the ncf (bcf). Is this proper? I'm confused and I like the ncf so if I order one i'd like to know what I will be getting.

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
Previously they were considered different spiders.

Now they are universally called G. rosea.

The more reddish ones are have the extra distinction of being described as RCF as well.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That has been changed again, I ve been told by an expert (I am more into scorpions) so the op is right.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That has been changed again, I ve been told by an expert (I am more into scorpions) so the op is right.
I would like to see the paper on this, because it is my understanding that they are all G. rosea, not G. porteri.

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would like to see the paper on this, because it is my understanding that they are all G. rosea, not G. porteri.
This.

Usually whenever someone uses G. porteri or G. spatulata or G. cala(those last two were found in synonymy with G. rosea keep in mind), it is because their own personal beliefs that they are different species than G. rosea, not based on any scientific standings.

The funny thing about it is that I see it change(i.e. rcf = G. rosea & ncf = G. porteri vs. rcf = G. porteri & ncf = G. rosea) depending on who is saying it.

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
I too would like a definitive 100% answer on this. I've been wondering and searching for one for a couple of weeks now, and it seems to constantly flip-flop based on who's talking, what site you go to, etc.