Dr Acula's Photos

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not only will this thread contain images of my Ts, but it will also contain images of their exuviums in which I'll be attempting to position into different poses. I hope you guys enjoy em!

Phormictopus cancerides~Haitian Brown Birdeater

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens~Greenbottle Blue (GBB)

Heteroscodra maculata~Togo Starburst Baboon
Now

Then

Pterinochilus murinus~Usumbara Starburst Baboon (OBT)
Now

Then

Brachypelma smithi~Mexican Red Knee

Brachypelma boehmei~Mexican Fireleg

Nhandu chromatus~Brazilian White Striped Birdeater

Grammostola pulchripes (formerly aureostriata)~Chaco Golden Knee

Haplopelma lividum~Cobalt Blue

Poecilotheria striata~Mysore Ornamental

Psalmopeous cambridgei~Trinidad Chevron

Nhandu chromatus exuvium in threat posture. (still drying after applying hairspray. used cotton swabs to stuff abdomen, sealed with crazy glue..need some more practice)

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks everyone! My Nhandu chromatus exuvium finally dried up so I placed it appropriately on top of the clock by the entrance of my living room :laugh: My B smithi also molted today!

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Very nice photos! You're a brave soul handling some of those specimens, lol. I see the P. cancerides was well behaved for the shoot.

and dust above your clock! :ninja:

Last edited:

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! They're all relatively small except for my P cancerides. He's usually pretty timid outside of the enclosure.

Haha yea, that area is usually never dusted since it's pretty high up

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P striata( Charlie sheen {D )'s first molt in my care. Starting to show more adult markings.

My GBB and his Ultimate self. Trading him for a few more slings :D

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alot to update!

P cancerides saying hello with his feet up on the glass {D

Caught my H lividum chowing down on her second cricket since her last molt (gave her another afterwards since her abdomen was so small)

Rehoused my Nhandu chromatus, he wasn't too happy about it :mask:

H maculata molted :D

Also, my newest and most favorite addition, Roosevelt the P subfusca "lowland" :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got some shots in of a few Ts munchin on my new alternative to crickets, super worms :D

N chromatus 4"

P cancerides 5"

H maculata 3"

Female P cambridgei molted to 4.5" DLS. Largest arboreal in collection at the moment :)
(a couple weeks before the molt)

The big day!

Female B boehmei also molted! Haven't gotten an accurate DLS though

Looks like one of my img codes broke so I'll just repost it here

Rehoused my Nhandu chromatus, he wasn't too happy about it :mask:

Last edited:

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My P striata surprised me with a molt this morning! I was pretty stoked to see the start of his warning colors coming in :D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great pictures! That H. lividum is so extremely blue...awesome. Out of pure curiousity: Why do you handle every species it seem? Any special reason for that (besides adrenaline of getting bit :D)? - don't get me wrong, I don't want to accuse you of anything, I'd lust like to learn why someone would take the risk of some quite unpleasant bites...

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know why but I enjoy the interaction. It seems like one of my Ts even relaxes during handling. So much that he groomed himself (my OBT). Most of my Ts are relatively docile and exceptions to their species, however, I only take out the more defensive individuals if their fangs have yet to harden. My N chromatus, I'd never in a million years handle him, kicks hairs everywhere, throws up threat postures to the slightest breeze, he's just a mess {D same goes for my Gorgyrella sp. "red trapdoor". Its burrow is the entrance to hell itself.

That being said, if I know I'm going to get bit, I won't take the chance. Even my B smithi can be unhandlable at times and I'll leave him be. He tends to think he's an OW at times and completely skips the hair flicking.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you {D i have to rehouse it soon...that'll be fun. I'll be able to get some great pictures though, the only brightside.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P subfusca Lowland (bara) recently molted :)

also, got some pics of my hooked out OBT. Attempting to find a female for him

Last but not least, P striata :D

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
New addition! P metallica :D Found her at an LPS, settling in quite nicely