Why is my bicolor not getting into its shelter?

iyrsw0122

Arachnosquire
IMG1517.jpg
I ve just sprayed water for hardening his shelter but he just doesnt get in to it he wonders skulking around in a strange manner it hits the floor with its tail:mad:
what is wrong with him? I prodded him for 30 minutes because of changing the shelter is he too stressed? Or is it just not getting in because of the water or is it both? By prodding it for 30minute would the stress shorten its life?:cry:
P.S.the water will evaporate in2~3hours time and please reply for me i am kind of worried that something is wronge with him:cry:

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He is way stressed, that is why he is wall walking. It was deffinatly not a good idea to prod him for 30 minutes. When changeing tanks around you need to remove him from the enclosure and then do what you want, but don't ever leave them in the enclosure while you do stuff like that. It also looks like you need more substrate, since I can see the bottum of your enclosure at then entrence of the hide. Also turn the lights off and let him go for a good while and he will settle down but you have really stressed him out alot from what I see.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What is that tube on the side? For water for a false bottom.setup or something? Normally you put the scorpion in after it dries
They typically climb the walls.cause they are exploring

Don't prod and let him do whatever he will go into hiding and rarely emerge after that unfortunately :(

Edit they don't need that much moisture little dish of water every 2 weeks is fine
so you don't need a tube in the ground or none of that

snippy

Arachnobaron
Where do you see a tube? I think the thingy on the right side is a water thermometer like you see in fish tanks ;)

Regards
Finn

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He is way stressed, that is why he is wall walking. It was deffinatly not a good idea to prod him for 30 minutes. When changeing tanks around you need to remove him from the enclosure and then do what you want, but don't ever leave them in the enclosure while you do stuff like that. It also looks like you need more substrate, since I can see the bottum of your enclosure at then entrence of the hide. Also turn the lights off and let him go for a good while and he will settle down but you have really stressed him out alot from what I see.
Excellent advice - I agree.

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a juvenile one that is often out in the open. He is small so I have a smaller piece of cork bark in with him. He hides just his head underneath most the time when he is not in the open. He is more active then my death stalker and A.austrailis, I guess because he is still young.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you ask such basic questions, maybe these highly venomous Androctonus are not really the scorps for you to keep in the first place. I think you should offer multiple hides to the animal, not only a flat stones, but a couple of them, or a piece of wood.....

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you ask such basic questions, maybe these highly venomous Androctonus are not really the scorps for you to keep in the first place. I think you should offer multiple hides to the animal, not only a flat stones, but a couple of them, or a piece of wood.....
This is a very good point. You seem to be asking to get yourself in a really really bad situation with these guys. It is deffinatly a no no to put your hands in an enclosure with them.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I was an A. Bicolor and you SPRAYED me or my enclosure with water, I would not even think about going back over/into it until it dried.... You're dealing with a DESERT animal... They dislike water very much... Add 3-4 more slabs of cork or flagstone, make the sand deeper and stop spraying that thing.

Rob

P.S. - Did not mean to come off rude to the OP! Also you can take out that bottle cap that looks like a makeshift water dish, Bicolor will get what they need from meals.