p.platyomma female in heavy pre molt wonder how long before the molt?guesses ???

Jared781

Arachnobaron
aurora my p platty female is in premolt i would say heavy due to pics just was wondering on how many days before the actual molt may talk place based off the picture any guesses???
i guess a day or 2

SpiderNurse

Arachnopeon
It's hard to see the color of the abdomen with the flash, but I would assume it's dark. You can never really say for sure, could be in hours, could be days or weeks.

chaco

Arachnosquire
ill try to get more pictures if she comes out of her hide thx for the input

---------- Post added 02-03-2012 at 02:11 PM ----------

without flash of course if she doesnt molt soon

---------- Post added 02-03-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

I will wait a bit and see what she does she in her hide atm I dont want to bother her =)

chaco

Arachnosquire
shes just chilling in her hide so ill check tomorrow with any updates shes 6.5inch legs span ish the pictures where taken yesturday night at around 1am thats the only time she comes out of her hide =)

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's an idea. Leave her well alone in peace.

The worse thing you can often do with a moulting spider is disturb them.

She looks big and old. I find if im going to loose an old female, its during moults.

Hope it goes well.

oh. ps. platyomma isnt a valid species of Pamphobeteus and hasnt been since 1993.

chaco

Arachnosquire
Um you stated everything i know already, I leave her alone ,I wont lose her i don't believe ,thank you for your concern

chaco

Arachnosquire
Hi she molting now =) so far so good pics will be in a few days as i dont want to bother her