Very very dumb

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JbOqC6j5lk

Now I know we like to say that a scorp couldn't kill a healthy human being but this is stupid. Unfortunately im finding highly venomous scorp's such as Androctonus and Tityus not being treated with the respect they deserve. The excuse they couldn't kill a healthy human being is a foolish excuse for those saying its ok to handle hot scorps.

baboonfan

Arachnopeon
Yeah I would say that guy probably makes the hall of shame for stupid. Dont worry, he wont be around to tarnish the hobby for much longer. There seems to be a band of idiots on youtube who handle the worst inverts as a way of making a name for themselves.

I remember watching one with a moron who handled his S cal tarantula.

Even more stupid people handle their venomous reptiles.

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow all I can say is wow........ what is that guy thinking? He does tarnish the hobby for the rest of us. Those are the people who will get owning these creatures banned for the rest of us, because they get stung and die! What a loser jeez ummm......

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, he's on this board...I am not disagreeing with any of you, though! There are many things one could say for how foolish that is...

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well I keep highly venomous inverts I don't handle them though I see no reason to they are display animals. I have a Tityus stigmurus who I never handle and I got more respect for it after I fed it a roach and it stung and the thing just ceased to live. But of all the things you could handle a A.australis really they kill more people then deathstalkers...

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ya I keep LQs breed them, I keep A Bicolor, and many more deadly scorps and breed deadly scorps. I do not ever handle them my respect for them is incredibly high. You just don't do this. Come on it's common scence.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Androctonus spp. and the Tityus spp. as well as Leiurus spp. contain some of the most toxic scorps on the planet I have a T.stigmurus. And I must say the killing power of the highly venomous species is impressive it stung a roach and the roach just ceased to live almost instantly. I'll be getting a A.A soon but its a display animal like a venomous snake no touching that is a rather large A.A in that video.

Scorpion Tom

Arachnoknight
What is he thinking?! We are all gonna lose privileges for this hobby because of people like this guy! All it takes is one sting and he's gonna learn.
Tommy

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What is he thinking?! We are all gonna lose privileges for this hobby because of people like this guy! All it takes is one sting and he's gonna learn.
Tommy
Not really.......... I mean your brain stops when you're dead.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I think what makes this species more dangerous then other highly venomous species is the fact they get a pretty good size and can inject a good amount of highly toxic venom.

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not only that the toxicity itself can kill you not just the over whelming amount.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well that's the thing ive heard people brag about getting stung by highly venomous species and say it did nothing yet ive heard some other not so happy storys. Over in Africa this genus kill's more people then LQs I think again not bashing LQs toxicity as anything that crazy toxic deserves respect.

Last edited:

Scorpion Tom

Arachnoknight
Well that's the thing ive heard people brag about getting stung but highly venomous species and say it did nothing yet ive heard some other not so happy storys. Over in Africa this genus kill's more people then LQs I think again not bashing LQs toxicity as anything that crazy toxic deserves respect.
I totally agree, and keister, sorry I forgot about that part. Lol I can b dumb at times!
Tommy

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well I just think we should discourage this kind of thing you know someone could wind up dead if they are reckless with these types of scorps. But I think we should really question if someone is getting stung and lives did they get a dry sting or did the scorp just inject the minimal amount of venom. I also remember black widow's inject a very small amount of venom but it causes you a whole lot of pain so a large A.A could likely put you in a world of pain. Even if you don't die you could feel like you might be dying cause if i remember correctly this most highly venomous scorps have powerful neurotoxic venom.

Last edited:

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I just think we should discourage this kind of thing you know someone could wind up dead if they are reckless with these types of scorps. But I think we should really question if someone is getting stung and lives did they get a dry sting or did the scorp just inject the minimal amount of venom.
They got dry stung and getting tagged by these guys is nothing to brag about it just makes you look like an idiot in all honesty.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
There was someone on the boards once who actually dragged about getting stung and down played their venom toxicity of all things.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I don't know I think its more of a psychological thing highly venomous scorps don't have the same fear factor as a highly venomous snake. They should but they don't although Androctonus has venom on par with some highly toxic elapidae snakes. I think its more the perception of hey its small it can't hurt me too badly but again the black widow is a prime example of small but packing a punch as is a LQ. A.As however get bigger then either so its really a dangerous and maybe lethal idea of it can't hurt or kill me. Youtube doesn't help matter's in this regard as ive seen LQ's handled on there too...frankly if we are to have a safe hobby the genus Androctonus,Tityus,Leurius should be treated like a highly venomous mamba,cobra or taipan. From what ive read LQ's have some of the most toxic venom of any living thing on the planet.

Last edited:

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Im not really going after the dude in the video I think he won't be doing it again im more against the idea promoted that these scorps can't hurt you.