Jumpers and their mother!

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I picked up a gravid Salticidae spp. about 2 months ago. She spun her egg sac, and the slings have molted twice now, so I thought i'd share some pics. The first pics are spiderlings shot with my macro. The rest are of the mother shot with a regular digital camera.

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice! You've got yourself a beautiful Phidippus - and babies - which are probably among the cutest living things on the planet.

Where precisely did you find her? I can try and get you a specific species name, as I have G.B Edwards lovely "Revision of the Genus Phidippus' in hand. :D

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice! You've got yourself a beautiful Phidippus - and babies - which are probably among the cutest living things on the planet.

Where precisely did you find her? I can try and get you a specific species name, as I have G.B Edwards lovely "Revision of the Genus Phidippus' in hand. :D
That would be awesome, I've been trying to get taxonomy on this species forever! I will PM you with the location I originality found her.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good stuff! you should buy some vials and separate them.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good stuff! you should buy some vials and separate them.
I've been working on it all day Jason, it's really a pain to re house 100+ spiders that are smaller then a fruit fly! hahaha

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome, beautiful female and little jumplings. Good luck with them all.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Jumpers are the cutest spiders. Congrats on all ur babies.