Light colored Dubia being bred in Germany

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I found out from another site that in Germany they have successfully been able to bred a lighter colored dubia roach. Sometimes they may find there way into our stock, but except Germany they are not currently being bred anywhere else. If you have any dubia that are like this I think it would be worth the while to try and start breeding a light colored colony I think they might be be in demand if you dont live in Germany.

http://tuatera.com/wiki/imagenes/articulos/criablaptica/blapticas1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Billeh

Arachnosquire
Do they have any special traits? Or just a pigment change?

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do they have any special traits? Or just a pigment change?
As far as I know just a pigment change, but I do have a male of them and he is twice as agressive as my normal colored males. I can't compare him to other light ones as he's my only one. I'm hoping to breed him soon.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a few light ones like that. I fed them all off. They were always the somewhat smaller individuals for me. My colony is mostly black adults.

PetRock

Arachnopeon
Mine are mostly black, I have 'red' ones with no black that are adults though. They tend to be small, picked on, and they're always slower than the others.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
Thats pretty cool. I will have to keep an eye out for these in my colony.

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's cool! But I think I would stay with the normal black dubias.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I managed to find 2 odd colored dubia nymphs for sale and bought them, pretty cool looking right!

axle37

Arachnosquire
god. insects are just way too cool for my own good. i swear, I'm going to become a social pariah by the time i have a collection befitting the level of interest i have. love the texture on the second nymph. looks kind of like old brass

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
god. insects are just way too cool for my own good. i swear, I'm going to become a social pariah by the time i have a collection befitting the level of interest i have. love the texture on the second nymph. looks kind of like old brass
I call the second nymph a "calico" roach, as it has spotty coloring and multiple random patches of color instead of the usual plain coloring.