Pets you wish were sold MORE OFTEN in pet stores!

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a thread where you can list animals you wish were sold more often in QUALIFIED exotic pet stores and stuff! I'll kick-start it by making my own list. Here goes:

-Budgett's frogs! For those of you who don't know what these are, they're basically an aquatic relative of the Pacman frog-look 'em up! I am lucky enough to own one of these awesome frogs, and I can't overstate how fun they are to keep! I am aware that I'm kinda advertising them, but they just kick ASS!

-African Bullfrogs! I've never kept one before, but they're badass as far as frogs go. :p

-Mudskippers! I've always wanted to keep a few of these, and from what I've read, they aren't that hard to care for!

-Pygmy chameleons! I had one of these awesome little boogers in the past, and I loved mine as much as I love my Budgett's frog! They're kinda sorta high-maintenance, but actually pretty easy as far as chameleons go!

-Tarantulas, of course! And I don't mean your average G. rosea or B. smithi-I'm talking about EXOTIC T's, like M. balfouri and stuff!

-Hognose snakes! They're just so nubby and cute-looking! :p

-Softshell turtles! I know they get big and stuff, but they're just awesome animals.

Last edited:

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
captive bred newts: which would really make almost perfect aquarium animals for many people, but too many WC running around.

crested/gargoyle geckos: great beginner lizards, seem to be picking up momentum.

Russian ratsnakes: have heard good things about these guys

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Invertibrates, exotic snakes, tortoises, turtles. Basically anything exotic that you will be like holy crap i have always wanted one of those. Or what the heck is that?

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OOH. Let me add Mata Mata turtles and frogfish/anglerfish to my list!

lizardminion

Arachnolord
Angolan Pythons. People need to get those popular in the hobby.
Pixie Frogs.
Exotic Mantids.
Children's Pythons. Very small snake, decent...
Milk Snakes
Cuttlefish
Carpet Pythons
Rainbow Boas

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you guys don't have the right type of pet stores around you as at least 75-80% of what was listed I can find fairly readily.. Guess I am lucky and I am happy about that!

OBT1

Arachnosquire
More Myriapods

Vietnamese centipedes

Bumble Bee Millipede

Waffles

Arachnopeon
Dude I've got hundreds of ivory's bumblebee's and desert rusty's.....LOL I don't even know what to do with em.

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
-Tarantulas, of course! And I don't mean your average G. rosea or B. smithi-I'm talking about EXOTIC T's, like M. balfouri and stuff!
I completely agree. Except that my lps will slap on a ridiculous price. Right now they're asking $150 for a 2" G. pulchripes.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
+1
Also Green Tree pythons

mikem

Arachnopeon
I completely agree. Except that my lps will slap on a ridiculous price. Right now they're asking $150 for a 2" G. pulchripes.
yea, so does mine. i like going to look at the prices more than the animals. it's insane!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
After glancing at the political news ongoing in the U.S. I'd suggest an Inland Taipan in every household. Better yet, several.

Tarac

Arachnolord
Lol, yep.

A pet I would like to see in pet stores is... that chicken that researchers re-dinosaured by turning the genes for teeth, claws and tail back on. I know, I know, we all saw Jurassic Park. But this isn't really a dinosaur, it's a chicken that is cleverly disguised...

ScarecrowGirl

Arachnosquire
Use the Taipans properly. Send them to congress.
But you have to make sure that the people that would forward the bad politics are out of the question too, else they'll just build the same broken down system again!

I would like to see more skinks in the pet stores, blue tongue skinks especially, they are so darn cute, but also broad-headed skinks, those are wicked. I used to catch them when I lived in Florida, looking in to the angry open mouth of one of those made my skin crawl.

And you know what else I'd like to see in pet shops?

CHICKENS! EVERYONE should own a few, they are stupid easy to care for and they lay you eggs for breakfast!

These chickens are also acceptable
A pet I would like to see in pet stores is... that chicken that researchers re-dinosaured by turning the genes for teeth, claws and tail back on. I know, I know, we all saw Jurassic Park. But this isn't really a dinosaur, it's a chicken that is cleverly disguised...
lol I've been waiting for some one to get on the ball and make one of these for YEARS! An article came out and I was hoping for some progress, all I got was speculative talk and disappointment!