Brazilian Black; Ill after shed?

pent565

Arachnopeon
First off, I am extremely nervous about my Grammostola pulchra molting, because I lost a G.p. S.ling not long ago right after a molt. Finding it with it's legs curled in and limp was on of the worst moments I've experienced keeping Tarantulas. (My Mexican Redknee is a champ, and has shown no signs of problems). Not to be discouraged, I bought another. This one has been doing well, but after it's most recent shed, I noticed it multiple times starting to curl in on itself, with it's fangs hanging limply away from it's mouth. This made me understandably nervous. It took the spider longer to react to stimulus in this state, but once roused a bit it's legs settled back in a normal, healthy position, only to exhibit the curling again later. It's exoskeleton has hardened now, and it seemed to be back to acting normally, but I'm worried about the next shed. I use damp eco-earth bedding, and a small water dish/bottle cap. I maintain temperature by keeping my terrariums near my bedroom's electric heating unit, but not so close that overheating is an issue.
The G.p. has piled all of it's substrate to one side of it's terrarium, and spends most of it's time on the bare plastic, or in a tunnel under the pile. My Redknee did the same thing, so I assumed it was a normal activity, but after my most recent substrate change, the Redknee hasn't done it again. Should I try a different substrate?

annabelle

Arachnosquire
my g. pulchra molted a few days ago, and was doing that thing you mentioned too. i think it was just grooming its self...