G rosea....fake molt or what

notadamnclue

Arachnopeon
MY male Grosea turned on his back and was spinning something like a cocoon.and was in this position for about 2 hours ..{i was thinking he was going to molt} .when i came back to check on him he was upright again do nothing like he always does ...what does this mean

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
MY male Grosea turned on his back and was spinning something like a cocoon.
He is gonna turn into a butterfly.... lol! (JK)
Do you have any pictures? Is he a mature male?

notadamnclue

Arachnopeon
its a male and mature......( im guessing he is at least 5 years old) .the last few days he has tore up his home ......burrowing everywhere....even closed off his hide....climbing the walls alot .....but anyways thanks people...but if its a sperm web..do they get on there back to do that

mtyrrell

Arachnopeon
its a male and mature......( im guessing he is at least 5 years old) .the last few days he has tore up his home ......burrowing everywhere....even closed off his hide....climbing the walls alot .....but anyways thanks people...but if its a sperm web..do they get on there back to do that
yes they get on there backs

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They lay a sperm web and crawl under it to collect the sperm for mating. My MM A.hentzi is always doing this...

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
but if its a sperm web..do they get on there back to do that
Yes.
I am sure if you use the search on this form you will find pictures of this.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
find him a girlfriend soon... how long has he been doing this

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
He wants to make sweet love to some tarantulas spermathecae.

Like everyone else said, if you perform a basic search you will find information on a sperm web.

Here, try this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tarantula+sperm+webs although you will probably find better information on this site, it's a good starter.