Telling gravid scorps from fat ones?

Scorpion Tom

Arachnoknight
My v. Spinigerus is getting pretty heavy. I would love to get pics but she is stressed out a lot since I got her, so maybe I will later. She has a white dot in the middle of her stomach(from the side view). I can only see one but can't tell if it's interior or exterior. Can you guys help? Other than embryos, how can i tell if she's gravid?
Tommy

Attachments

Last edited:

snippy

Arachnobaron
Juveniles usually have larger gaps between the tergites when fat, this is much less dominant in gravid females.
Also behavioral changes like seeking direct light or increased digging behavior up to totally barricading the burrow.

Regards
Finn

Scorpion Tom

Arachnoknight
Juveniles usually have larger gaps between the tergites when fat, this is much less dominant in gravid females.
Also behavioral changes like seeking direct light or increased digging behavior up to totally barricading the burrow.

Regards
Finn
Thanks snippy, could this one be gravid or just fat?
Thanks,
Tommy

snippy

Arachnobaron
The specimen in the first two pictures could as well be, I don't see anything in the third. Is that even the same specimen, or has this picture just been taken some time before?

Regards
Finn

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Increased aggression is another thing. Scorps get very moody and aggressive when they are gravid.

Scorpion Tom

Arachnoknight
The specimen in the first two pictures could as well be, I don't see anything in the third. Is that even the same specimen, or has this picture just been taken some time before?

Regards
Finn
Yes, the third pic is my other one.
Tommy

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it will probably take a while before you will be able to see this yourself. There is a much more simple way, KNOWING THE AGE OF THE SCORPION...only adults can give birth to young.....When you buy adult scorpions, ask all the questions to the buyer...If you doubt their answers, then post here....