Chaerilus celebensis

hypertension

Arachnopeon
Here are a few photos of C. celebensis.

adult male. Adults measure up to 25 mm.

adult female

please note that adults share the enclosure with several i3-i4. I lost one i6 and at least three i3 to cannibalism.

instar 2-3

instar 5

Last edited:

Scorpion Tom

Arachnoknight
Here are a few photos of C. celebensis.

adult male. Adults measure up to 25 mm.

adult female

please note that adults share the enclosure with several i3-i4. I lost one i6 and at least three i3 to cannibalism.

instar 3-4

instar 5. (the one at the left is at i6?)
Great find! Nice looking specimens. Voldemort is right, they are communal.

hypertension

Arachnopeon
Good find, kabayan!!!

Thought they are communal though
I keep all specimens communally but there were some degree of cannibalism. One i6 was eaten by other adult cage mates. Also, it seems some i3 find molting i2 very tasty.

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep all specimens communally but there were some degree of cannibalism. One i6 was eaten by other adult cage mates. Also, it seems some i3 find molting i2 very tasty.
almost always true in ALL species

i have 2 2i Chaerilus rectimanus and my friend who gave it to me says that they are communal, they are so small a small delicup is an overkill for the two of them. Having second thoughts though if I'm going to separate them, plus they are rather expensive (more than their weight in gold:)) to lose one to cannibalism.

Last edited:

snippy

Arachnobaron
The one on the left seems to be in the same instar, take a look at the diameter of the metasoma.

Regards
Finn

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you sure it's not C.philippinus?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

hypertension

Arachnopeon
Are you sure it's not C.philippinus?
I cannot say with certainty that what I have are not C. philipppinus. Aparri, the place where C. philippinus specimens were collected, is at least 450 kilometers away from where I live. I know it is not right to ID based on location. But judging from other photos I have seen, I think C. celebensis is my best shot in IDing.

---------- Post added 03-02-2012 at 01:20 AM ----------

pictures of C. celebensis (?) in their habitat:

Sentry24

Arachnopeon
Good day. May i ask, what's the venom level of Chaerilus celebensis? I'm just a newbie. Thank you.