Lenxx Pictures *s*

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
First of all, *Hi!* :happy:

Im a newly member from all up in the cold north of Norway. Ive been reading here for a while, and think its about time i make my pressence known :cool:

For now, i have one lonely tarantulla, after a looong and hard time trying to convince my sweet hubby that they are not able to eat people. He has a minor case of aracnophobia, and i do belive he loves me to bits... as he has agreed that i can have not only one, but two of this "dangerous and killing beast"... :sarcasm:
So atm im waiting for my second one, an A. metalica i have ordered and that will be arriving sometime in april :biggrin:

So, hereby introducing the almost-always-well-behaved and oh-so charming Mr Albin, my sweet B. albiceps juvenile male :cool:

IMG_0451.jpg

*Feeling lucky...Punk???*
IMG_0734.JPG

*Yeah... i kinda do...!*
IMG_0743 (1).jpg

*Well... Do Ya!?!*
IMG_0747 (1).jpg

I love taking pictures, so i hope i can show some more in here later on, and show of when i get my A. metalica as well! Even thoug i have only theese, they are still good looking! :happy:

Thanks for following me all the way down here :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow @ the walking stick. You can really see the potential for camouflage with its leaf like body.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome!
Well, if you could only have one tarantula, B. albiceps is a wonderful choice! Beautiful T!
Awesome walking stick, too!

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
The Walking Sticks are awsomme critters indeed, and its really fun to watch the adults when they try to camouflage themselves as leafs! If one blows a little on them, they will start to wiggle, like a real leaf would do in a gentle wind :)

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
*A thirsty little tella in a bad need of a molt* :)

Last edited:

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
*lol*
Shes just been kicking hairs after the food the last two months, so i guess theres gonna be a molt soon.
I hope XD

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
So, i got my long sought after new tarantullas today :)
They have been in the mail since monday, and i started to get a bit worried when i got the note about arriwal today. But the seller did an awsomme job packing them, and they both arriwed safe and sound!
I ordered an Avicularia sp "amazonica" (Manaus) and got a freebe as well :laugh: An Avic sp "guyana" :love:

Well enough talking, and lets get som visual effects :cool:

Avicularia sp "amazonica" (Manaus)

Quite a hairy lady :giggle:

And the other little sweetiepai *s*

Last edited:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Very nice Avicularia! I see you have broken your hubby's only two rule(by accident of course)! :D

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
*lol*
That, indeed, was a pure accident, honest to God!
I got a freebie... who can say no to that? :D

... i cant ... :giggle:

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

One more of the "guyana" beauty :sarcasm:

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
At the moment, im wating for my B. albiceps to molt. Shes in heavy premolt and has been black like this for the last three days... Im hoping i will be able to watch her change "clothes" this time!
And i also hope to clarify gender once and for all. :biggrin:

And this little fellow have made her/his web all bulletproof, its seems :cool:
Its been in there and rejected food for about 14 days now... and i have to say im a bit worried. Its just a sling still, and around 2" all stretched out. But its looking healthy and its abdomen seems plump, so im hoping for a molt soon. Its tube is still not closed shut, but i havent had this molting before, so im not familiare with its usual procedures before a molt.
I have to admit its kind of a laughing matter that theese little hidden critters can make so much exitment!:mask:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As long as it's NW T's, I don't see why he wouldn't eventually agree to even MORE T's :D

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
I havent got my hope up too mutch, NW or OW, its still "Spidarghs!!!" :mask:
But i would love to get that Avicularia metalica i was waiting for before i ordered my "amazonica" instead. The A. metalica-deal never happend, and i am still very facinated about them, and wouls love to own one myself! :happy:
But, time will tell. For now im content with the three i have, and i hope that my B. albiceps turns out female after all. I got told it was a male, but people here have gendered it ventrical to most likely female, so ill keep my fingers crossed!

The A.avic was a pleasant surprise, and im happy i got to keep it as well! :laugh:

Last edited:

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
I found something quite funny inside my A."amazonica"s enclosure today, and im a bit unsure wether to freak out totally (not very likely when it comes to me, to be honest) or just giggle and start looking for miniature-food. :o_O:
There is a tiny, tiny little spider living in there. Some kind of housespider, too tiny for my kamera, but i got a pic of the web its been buissy making!

Look at the plant to the left, the tiny little with the leafs. The avic is up in the rigt corner, inside its webbing, btw..

Now, this is the same little plant, closeup... and there are the little webbing... see it? :giggle:

So, what am i to do?
Freak out and clean out the whole enclosure, or start collecting bananaflie-legs...? :o_O:

And when i wanted to show my hubby this little freaky, dangerloving miniature... he gasps :eek:
"Does that ...THING... breed?!?!?!?" :mask:

*lol* ... no, my dear... its not the avics baby. :giggle:

Guess i cant ask promition to get another tarantulla yet. :coffee:

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
Yay, finally some action here :cool:
My Avicularia sp "Guyana" moltet yesterday. But as s/he has chewed on the juicy parts, its impossible to even see what was supposed to be behind its legs. :wall:

On a positive note, it seems like its got the adult coloring, so i migh be able to get some clues on gender from a ventral pic later :sarcasm:
And its also gained size for sure!
I will post a pic as soon as s/he is ready to open its webbing again and go hunting for food.
*Cant wait to see it outside the webbing* :laugh:

And i found my Avic. "amazonica" is quite a greedy Lady during feeding the other day.
I usually tongfeed her, as her enclosure is planted, and the crickets will easy vanish into the "jungel" if she looses them. Or so i thought...
I first gave her two, but they didnt feel like becoming meals... so they tore of the legs and vanished under the plants.
So i gave her two more, and she grabbed them quickly before they could do the same :giggle:
And with the two cirickets safely hanging from her fags... she went hunting for the two that got away... :ninja:
And she found them both... :mask:

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome to the board and thanks you for sharing your pictures :)
2Bears

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
Seems molting is contagious among tarantullas :sarcasm:

Now, its a waiting-game :coffee:

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
Well, i got to witness Arachne (B.albiceps) molting, and thats always exiting :laugh:

And she is gorgeous :cool:

What do you think, btw...? Female? I think so, but its good if anyone could confirm :)

And my little Avic. sp "Guyana" decided to take a stroll today as well :) A little shy at the beginning, but streched out after a little while :coffee: Around 2.5 " now.

"Ellie", the A. "amazonica" is still building her house and looking for more food... always more food... :ninja:

She is my jewel, i simply adore her... Its such a thrill to feed her!

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If that is indeed a flap (picture is a little small), then yes, it's female ;)