You know you are a tarantula collector if...

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
...the neighbors son gets sick and the first thing you do is ask the parents about their keeping parameters.

...you buy all kinds of healthy fruits, but only the cigarettes are for yourself.

...you can only smile when getting asked "Aren't those venomous?"

...you see the hamsters of the neighbors daughter in another view.

...you ask yourself if all that furniture in your app is really necessary.

...you walk around your appartment at nighttime, armed with a flashlight.

...you ask all of your buddies to keep the empty egg cartons.

...you always find some kind of place for a new enclosure.

...you don't believe yourself anymore saying "Alright, my collection is complete!"

...Brachypelma, Poecilotheria, Heterothele and words like those belong to your daily language spoken.

...you need to lie when some sweet little kid asks you where you left the cute pinkies.

...you devide your appartment into climate zones instead of rooms.

...most of the veggies and fruits you bought, are stored in weird plastic containers that have something moving in them.

...you feel good about drilling holes into plastic containers of all sorts for hours.

...the first thought after a day of work is not to go to the pub to get a beer, but to throw a look into your tanks to see if everything is alright.

...when the amount of living beings in your apparment rises by the week and your bank account subsequentially goes down.

...the teachers of your kid ask the same if they can have a tour through your appartment.

...when you answer the question "How many kids do you have?" with something like 0.1 or 1.1.

...you're being seen carrying dozens of plastic containers filled with insects into your app.

...you see an insect and think "That would be a nice meal" instead of "eew!"

...the cashier at walmart looks at you slightly startled while you try to buy 500 empty pilljars and a roll of gaze.

...you know exactly and instantly when asked where to buy which shelves and know the sizes on top of your head including the prices.

...you redesign anything that can't hold a new enclosure in order to be able to.

...you call the neighbors son a "subadult male".

...you come home loaded with stones and twigs anytime you take a walk.

...a beautiful woman asks you to help her close the dress and you think about helping to molt.

...you (as a guy!) buy stockings.

...your power distributor lists you as "industrial customer".

...it's brighter in your app than outside at daytime.

...you walk around in your app, in the middle of winter, with shorts and topless.

...you take home any containers that came with food in order to redo them for spiderlings.

...your toolbox doesn't include screwdrivers and drills, but all sorts of tongs, silicon, scalpels and a microscope.

...you get uneasy thinking about moving.

...a neighbor has cockroaches in his appartment and you just ask "Can I have them?"

...you have more corkbark at home than wood.

Thought this is funny to write down some stuff like that. Feel free to add more and I apologize for any spelling / grammar errors I made in the above. :D

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...when your wife, or gf is prego, you ask her if you can pull it early and incubate it till 2ndinstar(as a joke of course)....lol, i know thats pretty bad :eek:

...the walmart one was funny to me,...i actually know my local walmart pharmicist really well now...she even orders a few hundred of the "wrong" vials for stock, so she can give me a good deal to get rid of them ;)

TZach

Arachnosquire
......you are labeled as the neighborhood crazy guy, and have rumors spread about you having man eating spiders

jakykong

Arachnobaron
... you cringe when someone asks "Is it poisonous?"

... you buy food for the container it comes in.

... you only get to see your pets on feeding day. If then.

I hate to say it, but I didn't get that one... :o_O:

Prometheus

Arachnoknight

You use them in your incubator set up for the eggs to rest on (after you wrap it around the container)

Jared781

Arachnobaron
...the neighbors son gets sick and the first thing you do is ask the parents about their keeping parameters.

...you buy all kinds of healthy fruits, but only the cigarettes are for yourself.

...you can only smile when getting asked "Aren't those venomous?"

...you see the hamsters of the neighbors daughter in another view.

...you ask yourself if all that furniture in your app is really necessary.

...you walk around your appartment at nighttime, armed with a flashlight.

...you ask all of your buddies to keep the empty egg cartons.

...you always find some kind of place for a new enclosure.

...you don't believe yourself anymore saying "Alright, my collection is complete!"

...Brachypelma, Poecilotheria, Heterothele and words like those belong to your daily language spoken.

...you need to lie when some sweet little kid asks you where you left the cute pinkies.

...you devide your appartment into climate zones instead of rooms.

...most of the veggies and fruits you bought, are stored in weird plastic containers that have something moving in them.

...you feel good about drilling holes into plastic containers of all sorts for hours.

...the first thought after a day of work is not to go to the pub to get a beer, but to throw a look into your tanks to see if everything is alright.

...when the amount of living beings in your apparment rises by the week and your bank account subsequentially goes down.

...the teachers of your kid ask the same if they can have a tour through your appartment.

...when you answer the question "How many kids do you have?" with something like 0.1 or 1.1.

...you're being seen carrying dozens of plastic containers filled with insects into your app.

...you see an insect and think "That would be a nice meal" instead of "eew!"

...the cashier at walmart looks at you slightly startled while you try to buy 500 empty pilljars and a roll of gaze.

...you know exactly and instantly when asked where to buy which shelves and know the sizes on top of your head including the prices.

...you redesign anything that can't hold a new enclosure in order to be able to.

...you call the neighbors son a "subadult male".

...you come home loaded with stones and twigs anytime you take a walk.

...a beautiful woman asks you to help her close the dress and you think about helping to molt.

...your power distributor lists you as "industrial customer".

...it's brighter in your app than outside at daytime.

...you walk around in your app, in the middle of winter, with shorts and topless.

...you take home any containers that came with food in order to redo them for spiderlings.

...your toolbox doesn't include screwdrivers and drills, but all sorts of tongs, silicon, scalpels and a microscope.

...you get uneasy thinking about moving.

...a neighbor has cockroaches in his appartment and you just ask "Can I have them?"

...you have more corkbark at home than wood.

Thought this is funny to write down some stuff like that. Feel free to add more and I apologize for any spelling / grammar errors I made in the above. :D
1. no
2. no (quit smoking)
3. yes
4. no but yes (as my lil sis has a hamster)
5. yes
6. very funny.. im gonna have to say yes
7. no
8. yes
9. yes
10. yes
11. yes
12. climate zones YES!! Hilarious
13. no
14. yes
15. yes
16. yes
17. no (dont have a kid)
18. no
19. yes
20. ahah yes for pilljars!!!!
21. no
22. yes
23. no
24. yes
25. yes
26. no
27. no
28. yes
29. yes
30. yes
31. yes
32. yes
33. no
34. yes, definitely more cork bark then wood... it becomes really funny considering i have 2 fireplaces and NO wood

Amoeba

Arachnolord
...you've been asked to stop spouting scientific names on multiple occasions.

...you try to convince your friends that all other "pets" are inferior and needy.

...sauce cups are seen as a challenge not trash.

...the people at the pet store watch you stare at and collect a spider instead of looking at them while they talk to you.

...the people at the pet store ask what you are feeding and they make a face at the answer

....you see pictures on facebook of a scorpion someone had to kill and you can identify it.

...you realize how cool scorpions are.

...your family just gets you spiders for holidays.

...not living west of the Mississippi is probably better for your social life.

:biggrin:

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
...you wait impatiently in front of the door for the postal guy, then sprint straight to your bathroom to open the box.
...you glance nonchalantly any time anyone throws something away just to see if it can be recycled for the benefit of your collection.

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
.. you think they are your babies.
.. you crow with pride every time you make a new tarantula-loving convert.
.. you like big butts.
.. friends, family and acquaintances start asking you to identify a spider they saw in their house/car/garage/etc.
.. you're too lazy to cook dinner, but will happily drive half an hour to the pet store to pick up crickets.
.. you can't pass a new pet store without stopping to see what T's they have in.
.. you plan a day of fun out of town, because someone is selling a local-pickup-only T you want a few hours away.
.. you go to youtube mostly to watch feeding videos and spider collections.
.. you have AB on your newsreader.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
... You meet the neighbours family pet dog, and then try to show off your family pet tarnatula.

Great thread.

---------- Post added 03-03-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

... say "I'll be in the container aisle" (while at the store)

Ever since I got into T's, I say this with every single store the wife wants to go into. hahaha/

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha me too. Everytime we go into a store, thats the first place i hit up.
... You meet the neighbours family pet dog, and then try to show off your family pet tarnatula.

Great thread.

---------- Post added 03-03-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

Ever since I got into T's, I say this with every single store the wife wants to go into. hahaha/

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Catchcup size container - middle of lid cut out a good 1-2", put piece of stocking over the whole cup, then close lid. Good for extra ventilation and Avic slings :)

sorry if I wrote it a bit weird...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I cut a huge hole in the lids, and hot glue pantyhose in for using with true spiders, and hatching assassin eggs.
Catchcup size container - middle of lid cut out a good 1-2", put piece of stocking over the whole cup, then close lid. Good for extra ventilation and Avic slings :)

sorry if I wrote it a bit weird...

---------- Post added 03-03-2012 at 06:34 PM ----------

You also know you are addicted when your ole lady tells you know more for a while, and your brain recieves that as ok, that means buy them, and then sneak the boxes into the house and she will never know.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I cut a huge hole in the lids, and hot glue pantyhose in for using with true spiders, and hatching assassin eggs.

---------- Post added 03-03-2012 at 06:34 PM ----------

You also know you are addicted when your ole lady tells you know more for a while, and your brain recieves that as ok, that means buy them, and then sneak the boxes into the house and she will never know.
Dang it! Yeah - pantyhose / stockings - both work I guess - but yes, that's what I meant.

Kungfujoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
.. the computer and cable box has tupperware containers on and around it.
.. buy dog or cat food but dont have dogs or cats.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
...think 3 more feet and the enclosures will be stacked to the ceiling, so you can fit ___ more.
...revert every conversation back to invertibrates.
...have a mountain of shipping boxes that take up half of your tarantula room.