ohio exotic pet laws???

awolfe

Arachnosquire
Does anyone know if there have been any laws passed yet that require permits for exotic pets and if or when one is passed will it require tarantula owners to have permits too? Just curious if anyone knew anything. Thanks.

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Idk if Ohio has a law that requires permits for certain exotic pets, other than lions and tigers and bears oh my! But I believe New York either requires a permit for T's, or has them banned altogether. I'm a little inebriated at the moment so I can't remember off the top of my head. I do know Illinois is supposed to vote on this http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...tention-illinois-residents&highlight=Illinois if they haven't already.

Wiggles92

Arachnopeon
Ohio doesn't have any laws regarding tarantulas as of now, but I see such a law coming in the future based on the recent proposed bill regarding large snakes and venomous reptiles.

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
If I need a permit to own my T's I'm probably not even going to bother with it, lol.

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
But I believe New York either requires a permit for T's, or has them banned altogether. http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...tention-illinois-residents&highlight=Illinois if they haven't already.
the state of ny has absolutely no restrictions on the ownership of tarantulas as far as im aware, and im fairly well informed of ny states animal laws. the city of ny has banned the ownership of tarantulas for quite some time, but so far as ive heard its not enforced, as long as shops are not selling them. i was once told, and i did not verify, that the sale of scorpions in westchester count ny is illegal, and i do know for a fact that the white plain reptile expo does not allow the sale of scorpions so there might be some truth to what i was told. but as to the state of ny...perfectly legal to own tarantulas no permit required.

J

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
the state of ny has absolutely no restrictions on the ownership of tarantulas as far as im aware, and im fairly well informed of ny states animal laws. the city of ny has banned the ownership of tarantulas for quite some time, but so far as ive heard its not enforced, as long as shops are not selling them. i was once told, and i did not verify, that the sale of scorpions in westchester count ny is illegal, and i do know for a fact that the white plain reptile expo does not allow the sale of scorpions so there might be some truth to what i was told. but as to the state of ny...perfectly legal to own tarantulas no permit required.

J
Ah my mistake. Thanks for clarifying that for me.