Desert/arid species

Sesame Sam

Arachnosquire
Does anyone know species of truly dessert/arid Tarantula there are? New or old world? I know Aphonopelma are a desert species, and Brachypelma and Grammostola are more grassland.

Also how many species are from north America? Again I know Aphonopelma are but I don't know any more. I'm in the UK so forgive me if its a stupid question.

And thanks for any help, I'm trying to include a few more desert species to what I have, and trying to plan enclosures.

maxfightmaster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
most of the Brachypelma species dont have any special humidity or temperature requirements. they are from around central america, and you can keep them on dry substrate just supply a water dish.

Sesame Sam

Arachnosquire
Cool, that's pretty much what I'm doing with my Brachypelma's at the moment. Do you know of any more north American species?

Jared781

Arachnobaron
A. chalcodes
A. anax... some what
A. hentzi
A. iodius
^^^^^
Almost makes me want to move!

all might not be from the desert! lol

Jared781

Arachnobaron
I know A. chalcodes is fom the desert!... we'll just have to wait until a professional comes along! HAH

Sesame Sam

Arachnosquire
that's great. Thank you for taking the time to help. I hadn't considered an Australian T but I am now putting some serious thought into it :)

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 07:38 AM ----------

that's great. Thank you for taking the time to help. I hadn't considered an Australian T but I am now putting some serious thought into it :)

Sesame Sam

Arachnosquire
That's how my girl has it, I only change that for breeding or molting. She generally gets 1 "rainy" season a year