Whats happening to my T

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty sure that's just its urticating hair patch. Probably laid a bunch of it down on its nice web mat it has there.

TsmallV

Arachnopeon
has it molted recently? cuz it might be a possibility its a molt scar or its in pre-molt and it has a unique bold spot

---------- Post added 03-17-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure that's just its urticating hair patch. Probably laid a bunch of it down on its nice web mat it has there.
thats also true

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Bald butt like that is normal for NW's that lay down hairs on their webbing, or kicking hairs if being disturbed :)

has it molted recently? cuz it might be a possibility its a molt scar or its in pre-molt and it has a unique bold spot
Pre-molt wouldn't look like a beige spot, it would be blackish, like this from my B. smithi:
P1010109.JPG

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
A bald spot is not an indicator of pre molt. When in pre molt the entire abdomen will darken and a bald patch will make that easier to notice (as shown in Storms pic), but the bald spot itself is NOT an indicator of pre molt. A bald patch comes with the territory with (most) NWs, they kick hairs/rub them off, wear and tear between molts etc.

To the OP, that just looks like a bald spot from kicking hairs, and nothing to worry about.

dizzylizzy

Arachnopeon
Ok thank you,it molted about 4 to 5 months ago.Its the first time Ive ever had one of my T`s lookin like that. No one disturbs them,but sometimes my husband plays his guitar a little loud,but thats in another room.Thanks so much for in-put. I ve had him since he was the size of a dime,wouldnt want anything to be wrong with it.

TsmallV

Arachnopeon
ya I know but i was just guessing xD, not knowing if it might have been a unique bold spot you never know, plus thats the first thing that came to mind, the hairs was my third guess >>

---------- Post added 03-17-2012 at 08:59 PM ----------

simple mistake :/

Jared781

Arachnobaron
Has to be an Uritcating Bristle "Patch" or could it even be hair loss? :/

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I ve had him since he was the size of a dime,wouldnt want anything to be wrong with it.
You've had the spider for that long and have never before noticed a bald spot on the abdomen where it brushed off urticating hairs?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
fyi tarantulas dont have ears... if your husband played DRUMS the t would probably notice/be distrubed, but i doubt a guitar being played in A SEPARATE room would bother it

dizzylizzy

Arachnopeon
You've had the spider for that long and have never before noticed a bald spot on the abdomen where it brushed off urticating hairs?
Correct<he has NEVER been that way before. none of my spiders have ever had "bald spots"

---------- Post added 03-18-2012 at 12:55 PM ----------

fyi tarantulas dont have ears... if your husband played DRUMS the t would probably notice/be distrubed, but i doubt a guitar being played in A SEPARATE room would bother it
They may not have ears,but they do feel vibration,and sometimes when he does play to loud,they will start marching and climbing,when he stops they go back to be calm.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
You never know how keen their vibration sense it

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hmm.. good to know.. i wouldnt have thought that possible, but ill take your word for it.. they HATE it when i vaccum but thats the loudest it gets at my house, unless my pitbulls are runnin around messin up the house.. they love to play:biggrin: