Swepmeet bounty.

Frank S

Arachnopeon
We went to a local swap yesterday. The show was quite sad all around. I was interested in picking up a pair of Naja kaouthia, Monicaled cobras but there were none to be had. I was able to walk away with my hands full with 1 Hadrurus arizonensis, Desert Hairy Scorpion, 4 Pandinus imperator adults, Emperor scorpions, 1 Grammostola rosea, Rose hair tarantula for my son to add to the 4 inverts he already had and I picked up 1 Leiurus quinquestriatus, Deathstalker and one female Lampropeltis getula holbrooki, speckled kingsnake, to pair up with my lone male. I did miss getting a Hadogenes troglodytes, Flat rock scorpion because I made one more pass looking for some Naja before I gave up and decided to purchase the inverts. Now because I am such a nice father, bought my son some new inverts and helped him set them up I got to sit around drinking a few beers cooking cornbeef and cabbage on the grill while my son cleaned all 77 non ven snake cages. I am hoping he gets up soon because he still has 39 rat cages and 95 mouse cages to clean. LOL nothing in life is free. I am glad my son has taken an interest in the inverts. We spend alot of time with my reptiles and this gives us something else to do together. We are talking about taking a motorcycle camping trip down south (we are in Pa) to do a little herping in a few weeks and now he is looking forward to finding some inverts as well.
Frank Schaeffer
Susquehanna Serpents

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looking for a cobra at a swapmeet? I'm not sure if thats cool or scary.

Frank S

Arachnopeon
Looking for a cobra at a swapmeet? I'm not sure if thats cool or scary.
In pa as of now you can still buy and sell ven reptiles. I no longer have any hots in my collection but I am looking to get a few again. At one time I had quite a few elapids in my collection. I have an 1800 ft garage detached from the house that I turned into my reptile facility. About 5 years ago I was working a week of 12 hour days durring the winter and neglected to check my room one night after work. The next morning I went to check on everything and found I tripped a breaker and the building was as cold as outside. I lost most of my collection about 400 snakes. It was heart breaking and I gave up the hobbie for a few years. I now have a temp guage in the garage that has a read out in the house and a job that dont make me do crazy hours. I am looking to get some hot snakes but not as many and not the super aggro ones I had before.
Frank

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kaouthia means bitch in Hindi, literally...funny species name....

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Im not sure if you're familiar with Northwestern Berks Reptile show in Hamburg Pa. , but they have a lot of hots there. Its always packed too.

Frank S

Arachnopeon
Yep. I use to vend the show back before it changed hands. I attended the very first show there and I still usually dont miss a show. The place gets to packed for me unless I have a table.
Frank

Last edited:

Frank S

Arachnopeon
I put some reptile pics up in the not so spineless fourm to stay on topic.
Frank

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kaouthia means bitch in Hindi, literally...funny species name....

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk
That is interesting...hmmm, I could really use this!:D

@Frank, good luck with the new species! It looks like you got a lot!:)