Personal favorites?

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a thread for sharing your personal favorite scorpion species! I'll kick it off by pointing out my favorite scorpion, and that's Pandinus imperator, known and loved as the Emperor scorpion!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Parabuthus. Androctonus are fun too, but just because they're so squirrely.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Juveniles of Rhopalurus junceus and Tityus bastosi.;)

theguns19726

Arachnosquire
My favorite would be my H paucidens. Have had her for over a year, was my very first scorpie love. Ive got a few other species since then but I always go back to talking of her when I am telling ppl of my collection.
She is in my avitar pic to the left.

Anthony Jensen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its soooo hard to choose! But I'd have to go with either P. transvaalicus or R. junceus.

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lychas mucronatus, for its lightning fast hunting habits
Lychas infuscatus, for its secretive nature
Centruroides nigrescens, from orange to black metamorphosis

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Parabuthus villosus. I think they are the perfect representative of the scorpionkind.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Apistobuthus pterygocercus. Just recently found out about these! Gotta love those disc shaped segments :D

Hornets inverts

Arachnobaron
so hard to decide, i absolutely love liocheles species but also love our native buthids, so small, so active and such ravenous feeders

Greatwun

Arachnopeon
Androctonus australis. My baby A australis is the most active of all my scorps always out and about at anytime of day.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Parabuthus

Anything Parabuthus is great for me, all my animals are fearless, feeding machines. They also seem to be pretty ruthless, with some ripping off every single leg of their prey, prior to actually feeding upon it...

Cheers,

Rob

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always loved any Androctonus species. But lately I've really been enjoying my B.jacksoni's, they are just so fun to watch hunt and I love the different patterns/shades of orange. Beautiful scorpion.

Just took this pic.

Last edited:

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Emperor Scorpion for me. Soon (hopefully) they will shut down the importation of this species and they will be seen for the amazing scorpions they are.

Greenjewls

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hadrurus Spadix

hspadix.jpg

I love this species. Active, tunneler, climber, contrasty colors! I also love the proportions.