What is "low light" for pothos?

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Pothos is describes as having a low light requirement. Im currently living in a small basement suite, with one tiny window, and we live in a valley. There is no direct sunlight. I have a floor lamp in the living room that is on when Im awake. Is this enough light for pothos?

Can someone explain exactly what is meant by low light? If I have to, I will buy a special bulb to grow live plants, but Id rather not, as I want to incorporate pothos in my Emp scorp enclosure once I've got the hang of isopods and live plants.

thanks.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pothos is describes as having a low light requirement. Im currently living in a small basement suite, with one tiny window, and we live in a valley. There is no direct sunlight. I have a floor lamp in the living room that is on when Im awake. Is this enough light for pothos?

Can someone explain exactly what is meant by low light? If I have to, I will buy a special bulb to grow live plants, but Id rather not, as I want to incorporate pothos in my Emp scorp enclosure once I've got the hang of isopods and live plants.

thanks.
I would describe ideal lighting as bright, indirect light. I have a Pothos that thrives near a window that receives no direct sunlight, just light filtered through the blinds.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
I put a pothos clipping in my P. regalis enclosure a week ago, the only light source is overhead room lighting and its doing well so far

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the hasty reply.

my wife tells me its pretty darn cheap, so Ill be making my attempt and hopefulyl wont kill it.

Prometheus

Arachnoknight
Pothos are the only plant my wife can't kill with her black thumb. I have a few in so
e of my enclosures and they receive very little indirect sunlight and a little old fashion bulb light when I enter my T area, and they are growing fine.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
quick question,

i currently have 2 pothos clippings in a cup with 2 inch of water. The nubs that will become roots are submerged. Is that all I have to do to get them to root, or do I have to provide something else? Its only been about a week.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
That's all I did for mine, I think mine took somewere close to 2 weeks for roots to develop. I can't remember the exact amount of time it took.