Dr Acula's Enclosures

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To start with, this is a deli container enclosure I made for a P subfusca "Lowland" juvi. Will update tomorrow, too tired to get pics of other enclosures at the moment {D credit to robc for the waterbowl idea!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nice delis... how'd you do the waterdish? ive been using delis too lately, and love them.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got a bunch of broken up bark and hot glue gunned em to a cap for a medicine bottle :) hardest part was getting the plastic child lock out of the cap :wall: i loooove these specific containers because they look like they're actually meant for Ts, but that could just be the delusions we T keepers get whenever we see any type of container {D

Billeh

Arachnosquire
Do you have a video you can link us about the bottle cap? Looks interesting. also, is that a piece of bark you have that creates that hide? This is VERY well done lol. Please make a walk through or something!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunately, I just made the waterdish off of my own take on the idea. I saw one of his videos where he's showing a waterdish and says "My wife makes these. All it is, is bark hot glue gunned to a small deli cup" His look much better because, if I remember correctly, they have moss as well.

However, the next time I do another enclosure like this, I'll definitely make a tutorial on doing so :) yes, that is a piece of bark. I packed the cocofiber along the edges to keep as much light from getting into the "cave" as possible.

axle37

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately, I just made the waterdish off of my own take on the idea. I saw one of his videos where he's showing a waterdish and says "My wife makes these. All it is, is bark hot glue gunned to a small deli cup" His look much better because, if I remember correctly, they have moss as well.

However, the next time I do another enclosure like this, I'll definitely make a tutorial on doing so :) yes, that is a piece of bark. I packed the cocofiber along the edges to keep as much light from getting into the "cave" as possible.
that is the best deli container home iv ever seen for a T or anything else for that matter

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks axle! The inhabitant has reorganized things to its liking so the quality has somewhat downgraded {D

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol... damn it... why do they never do what WE want them to do??? tarantulas are too opinionated for my liking sometimes:mad:

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's a small juvi enclosure I set up for my H maculata. Hot glue gun a gatorade cap and a small fake plant branch to piece of bark and your done :D

This is something me and my dad are working on. 70 gallon terrarium with a tiger salamander and 2 firebelly toads. Any suggestions as to what else to put in there, terrestrial animals preferably? We just recently cleaned the whole thing out because of a house spider infestation so the majority of the decor is being cleaned off at the moment. We were thinking about a couple red-eyed crocodile skinks. (once everything eventually dies out, I plan on making it into a P subfusca communal)

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You have some nice enclosures.

Here's an arboreal setup I made for an A versi that I recieved today. She was smaller than expected so I rehoused my P striata in it instead. Can't remember where, but I got the idea from a thread posted on here a while back. I figured I'd give it a shot!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Arboreal Kritter Keeper w/ BarkBowl How-To :D

Materials.

Acrylic
Cork bark tube
Decor
Any sort of lid, top, cap, etc.
Bark
HotGlue Gun
Kritter Keeper (size of your choice)

Steps (1-4/6 are pretty self explanatory)

1. Fit acrylic to the inside of the KK & hot glue inside and outside creases. This is alot easier if you melt the bottom tips, making them round and creating a better fit. Should cover enough to allow a decent burrow.

2. Add substrate

3&4. 3.Add branches, cork bark, plants, etc. I used the normal wood only because the T I'll be putting in it won't need much humidity. If this were for an Avic or Poeci, I'd only use cork bark to prevent molding.
4. If you've seen Robc's tutorials you'll know exactly how to set it up. Just dig out enough substrate to wear you almost hit the back of the enclosure. Then fill up the tube with about 1/3 of substrate to allow more burrowing.

-------------------------

BarkBowl How-To

5-1. Crush slab of bark so that they're many pieces with different size varieties.

5-2. Working from Biggest to Smallest chunks, hot glue the largest chunks onto the bottom of the lid. Medium sized pieces with flat breaks will go around the outer edge of the lid.

5-3 If there are any decent sized gaps betweek the pieces, use a couple smaller pieces of bark to cover them up. Don't go crazy though, the next step will cover up all the minor gaps.

5-4 Crush any pieces of bark that are left over. Place hot glue between cracks and crevices, anywhere that the lid is visible pretty much, and press on clumps of the crushed bark. You could also use cocofiber, peat moss, or whatever else you feel like using. To prevent the bark from absorbing water in the dish, do the same step over again but along the edge of the lid.

----------------------

6. Find a high spot to hot glue the BarkBowl to.

The Finished Product.

Can anyone guess what T this is for? :D First to get it right will get a free BarkBowl of any size that fits your liking. 1 try only!

Last edited:

poisoned

Arachnodemon
I did the same thing with my KK, but I also made a cover for top part, because I was sure that a T would made it's burrow between cover and substrate holding wall

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, I was speculating on that. How'd you go about making the cover?

poisoned

Arachnodemon
arborealKK.png

This is how I made it. I slide the door from beneath and it' thin, because you need to bend it. make door a little longer than hole, so it will be over bottom part because it will hold it in place and you won't have problems with opening it. I hope I was clear enough. Oh, sorry for no photos, I'm not at home

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nicely done! I like that idea, probably gonna use that myself at some point ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
is it for your subfucsa.. that thing has GOT to be ready for a new cage by now...

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
View attachment 105425

This is how I made it. I slide the door from beneath and it' thin, because you need to bend it. make door a little longer than hole, so it will be over bottom part because it will hold it in place and you won't have problems with opening it. I hope I was clear enough. Oh, sorry for no photos, I'm not at home
I kind of get what you mean. If you can later, pictures would be perfect!

Nicely done! I like that idea, probably gonna use that myself at some point ;)
Thank you! I'd like to see how they come out :D

is it for your subfucsa.. that thing has GOT to be ready for a new cage by now...
Nope! But he is due for a new cage. Gunnu be rehousing quite a few Ts actually. The vertical 10g I'll be setting up for my P cambridgei will be posted on here later on. Should be awesome!

meghanbe

Arachnopeon
Nice enclosures and awesome idea on the water bowl. I'll definitely have to try that out.

I'm going to guess that it's for your P. striata. :)