Brazilian Black a hit :)

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I usually bring my Chilean Rose around the classroom and allow her to walk over students' hands. Today I had my students sit in a circle on the floor and we passed around my Brazilian Black. She pooped in one boy's hands, but she totally behaved herself. There is so much joy on their faces when taking their turn.

After that, I totally had their attention on spider anatomy :)

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is so cool! BTW, what grade do you teach? I think you had mentioned it before in another thread, but I can't remember....old age!:D

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
I love taking my spiders to schools ( and not just because it gets me out of work) :D I have a Cyclosternum fasciatum (of all species) who is very calm around kids:D

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by metzgerzoo
That is so cool! BTW, what grade do you teach? I think you had mentioned it before in another thread, but I can't remember....old age!:D
I teach biology and zoology. I had the Ts out in my zoology class, grades 11th and 12th. It was a fun day. It was the first time most of these kids ever held a T. Fear was replaced with interest and respect. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, them or me. ;)

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a very great teaching technique you have there, Prof.T:) When you keep kids interested in the said subject, they have much more of a chance to really learn something. Great job!:)

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it is cool that the school has zoology in the program my school dont have that

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
I heard this species is pretty docile... so I got 1 sub-adult and 2 slings. The sub-adult, well, is quite aggressive. When I try to pester it to move in its cage for clean ups / water refills, it'd attack the tongs. Didn't bite though. 1 of the slings already showed a lot of hair kicking action... hopefully the other one will grow up to become as sweet as yours!

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by manville
it is cool that the school has zoology in the program my school dont have that
Mine didn't either...I think we got jipped!!!:mad:
Hey Prof. Up for a few more???;P

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Good morning, and welcome to Professor T's Arachnopet's Online Zoology class, for those students who were cheated out of a Zoology class in highschool:) Here's where you can learn about spider anatomy from someone who actually CARES about the subject and doesn't think the only good place for a spider is the bottom of his shoe! :D

Prof., I bet your students love your class=D

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thumbs up!

Originally posted by The Red Queen
Prof., I bet your students love your class=D
Agreed.

I hope my future children's teachers are that committed and devoted to their work.

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the kind words. It would be an honor to have people like yourselves with a love for animals in my class.

Tomorrow we start the Uniramia: millipedes, centipedes, and insects. They will have an opportunity to hold millipedes tomorrow. We spend a week on monarch butterflies.

By the way, this weekend my high school zoology club will be at the reptile show in Tampa (March 13-14) selling wildlife t-shirts. If any of you will be there, stop by and say hi :)