Poecilotheria ornata or hybrid?

rubenphobia

Arachnopeon
I purchased a number spiderlings of P. pederseni, after a few years can see it is not P. perderseni ... I have a question now

Do you think that is a hybrid between P. striata x P. ornata?

Or do you think is a P. ornata Light form?

I have P. ornata normal and looks diferent...

Thanks

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
+1..... dorsal means a TOP shot, like the carapace and the stripe of the abdomen ...... nice female ornata btw

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just out of curiousity could the lighter of the two (the one you say look different) be P. smithi?

---------- Post added 04-15-2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

*****edit***** NVM.. they both have the yellow banding, which ISNT apparent on the smithi. My bad

SentinelPokie

Arachnopeon
Can you post a dorsal photo? Like a photo that is directly above the carapace. I think there are certain carapace patterns that belong to only certain Pokies as seen in the picture as seen in the picture below. Even if you can't find the exact species, it could help narrow the selection down.
poecilotheria_identific_carapace_ph.jpg

rubenphobia

Arachnopeon
I will try to make new photos dorsal and details of carapace.

Look at the color pattern of the femur leg IV, does not match the drawings of P. ornata.

424131_10150642464584113_823419112_8885683_1522966792_n.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would take a shot at hybrid as well.
There is way too little yellow underneath those legs to be pure ornata.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i did notice a bit of extra creamy-ness....thought maybe the flash drowned out the yellow tho....but the leg diagrams make ya wonder...hmmmmm

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thats what I was thinkin... plus the print on the carapace doesnt entirely match up (from what i can see) there is SOMETHIN funky with that pokie. It is beautiful, but i wouldnt recommend breeding it since ya cant id it.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would take a shot at hybrid as well.
There is way too little yellow underneath those legs to be pure ornata.
I'd expect a lot more yellow too. I'd still like to see some good dorsal shots from a better angle, just to get a good idea of how different it may look from either pure parental species.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I find all these identifiable markings interesting, so ima post up a few of my ornata, who is also strickingly different than most ive seen.

...for comparison, heres the pics.

she is a month or so post molt aswell, so nice anr fresh color wise!

definatly different rear leg patterns....i tried to check out my pederseni, but she was deep in her hide, and i wasnt gnna fish her out for pics.

would be nice to get to the bottom of the possible hybrid ornataseni......

---------- Post added 04-16-2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

dorsal image

rubenphobia

Arachnopeon
Thanks every body

Photo dorsal and carapace

the dorsal view looks like P. ornata, but ventral legs looks like P. pederseni (Photos page 1)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Now I will have to compare to my formosa - but the creamy coloration with hints of purple look a lot like my formosa. (Only one of the three communal sacmates still with me... a possible female).

Marga

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
+1^ its DEFINITELY not regalis (very clearly) so formosa or striata is VERY likely...(per carapace shot)