T night time activity

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
Okay, I searched for an appropriate thread to revive but didn’t see one, if I did miss one, I do apologize in advance.

The topic: T night time activity.

The only T’s I see during the day is my A. versi who is actually quite bold in hanging out till something moves and then s/he bolts for the web, and the L. klugi and parahybana – who for the most part stays in their cave but you can see in.

Last night I woke to the sound of rustling in the room. I know it was not the chameleon ‘cause she sleeps like a log, so I know it had to be one of the T’s. I am thinking it is the parahybana who has made a depression in the substrate next to the Styrofoam I used to anchor some fake plants to. There are tell-tale signs of the Styrofoam being munched. My husband commented that hears it too, on various nights. Even though everyone else was out, and I gotta say, some I haven’t seen since they came in and I housed them, and the parayhybana was just sitting there in the open, it still had to be it ‘cause it really is the only one big enough to be moving things around. The klugi is down stairs so I know it wasn’t s/he.

What do your kids do during the night?

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My ts all get together at night and play poker... im assuming this due to the pretzels,beer bottles, and stale cigar smoke i find in their cabinet in the mornings

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
seriously though... they mostly just do "spider stuff" ... webbing, drinking, moving around exploring the cages... my old Lp would always redecorate at nite

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
seriously though... they mostly just do "spider stuff" ... webbing, drinking, moving around exploring the cages... my old Lp would always redecorate at nite
Oh D@mn! And I was so hoping to catch them on video playing poker.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My ts all get together at night and play poker... im assuming this due to the pretzels,beer bottles, and stale cigar smoke i find in their cabinet in the mornings
As long as none of them are drug- or weaponsdealer it's all fine :D

dragonlily

Arachnopeon
Mist your tanks before you go to bed, in the morning you should still be able to see "foot prints" and tell who's been going for walkabouts lol Its how I can tell my H.Lividum goes out of her burrow, she actually gets around alot. Also I know my H.Mac leaves his corner cause I find poop in the weirdest places lol

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ah i can only imagine... im picturing tons of members that read this sneakin around their house with flashlights ready to spy on their ts tonite... id laugh at the thought but thats a regular night time ritual around here... im a bit of a nite owl

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
Yeh, I know I'll be up late tonight sneaking' around with the flashlight. Already caught the rufilata hanging out and it's only 9pm.

ArachnoWolf

Arachnopeon
I'm up all night with my Ts >_> Always been naturally nocturnal myself ^.^

---------- Post added 04-13-2012 at 11:02 PM ----------

Mist your tanks before you go to bed, in the morning you should still be able to see "foot prints" and tell who's been going for walkabouts lol Its how I can tell my H.Lividum goes out of her burrow, she actually gets around alot. Also I know my H.Mac leaves his corner cause I find poop in the weirdest places lol
:D That made me giggle

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
Oh yeh, oh yeh, haven't seen the P. cambredgie since it first came in.......just jettisoned exuvia. The night is claiming me once again....now what to do about the day job that pays the bills? Oh heck, no one needs to sleep on the weekends. Gotta pay the bills so the Ts have a home.

seacowst

Arachnosquire
my g.rosea as webbed the bottom of her cage so i think a molt may be coming. my b.albo sling has severd his mealworm and half and eating a small half

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
still up... not much activity with the gang here:biggrin: i have decided to supply my female rosie with a lil extra heat right (which has her a little extra active... i know.. an active rosie right???) now as she has been paired a few times lately.. i swear its only been a week and her abdomen is a LOT bigger.. ALSO , my bastard male regalis is RESEALING himself off in his tube. he has been in premolt for like 5.5 months and is due to molt soon. i keep saying any day now, but im tired of kidding myself... i need him to mature SOON.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
still up... not much activity with the gang here:biggrin: i have decided to supply my female rosie with a lil extra heat right (which has her a little extra active... i know.. an active rosie right???) now as she has been paired a few times lately.. i swear its only been a week and her abdomen is a LOT bigger.. ALSO , my bastard male regalis is RESEALING himself off in his tube. he has been in premolt for like 5.5 months and is due to molt soon. i keep saying any day now, but im tired of kidding myself... i need him to mature SOON.
lolemme know if you notice any change in your G.roseas temperament from what I've read on them Majority of the owners I've seen keeping them at a higher temp have said they act a lot more aggressive but in cooler temps they seem to be more active? Lol sounds weird but I'm interested to see if yours acts similarly.

Giygas

Arachnosquire
When I wake up for some particular reason, i can hear my female P.imperator moving her substrate around and knocking her pedipalps on the sides of the enclosure. My G.rosea would be digging or webbing, same goes for the GBB, but mulitiply the webbing by 100 haha. My P.irmina webs around maybe gets around a bit, but I try not to disturb her too much. Not too sure about my A.schmidti as she kind of lives at my grandmothers house below us! We share her though, my grandmother loves her to bits!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Brachypelmas (smithi & auratum): Petrocks = sit and wait for food to come along just enjoying themself (not matter night / day actually), or sometimes playing bulldozer and moving the majority of the substrate from one corner to the other...(my smithi LOVES digging and/or burying the waterdish "Hey, guess where I hid it this time, keeper?" :D)

Psalmopoeus' (cambridgei & irminia): Roaming around their enclosures at night, placing webbing here and there, sit at their most loved spots waiting for prey to come along (except the sling, I haven't seen that one in like...3 weeks, although I'm sure it's still alive considering his webbing is renewed obviously every time I check ;))

Homoeomma spec. "blue": No idea - currently hiding under the corkbark in a cave it made

Euathlus pulcherimaklaasi: Either playing "petrock" or moving substrate around

G. pulchripes: Playing bulldozer or playing "petrock"

H. villosella: Webbing, webbing, webbing...oh - and I forgot: WEBBING (and waiting for food to come along)

A. geniculata: Roaming around her enclosure, placing some webstrains here and there, or just petrocking in its hide

Avic slings: No matter the species, either webbing or roaming around

GBBs: The sling just sits in his little web it made and is "premolting" obviously, the larger sling (2") is either webbing the crap out of the enclosure, or just waiting for prey :)

I think that's it, unless I forgot one? Dunno...but anyways: After all, T's are nocturnal creatures that are only really active at nights (if at all) anyways. They are not really actively hunting most of the time, just laying in wait to prey upon those that stumble to close to them or their hides...except that, that only design their hide and its immediate surroundings to their liking and voila: Happy Tarantula :)

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
And add to that the occasional moult.....I got watch the LP last night...wild, first one I got to witness.