Hybrid Poll

Do you have a hybrid?

• Total voters

charm271

Arachnosquire
I wondering just how common hybrids are in a person's collection. Is it a smaller minority or are they growing more common?

Last edited by a moderator:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh boy.. let the war begin.. can you please ask to have this thread deleted

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do yourself a favor and do a search about this,and DELETE this post. These posts turn ugly FAST,it is a sensitive subject around here..Just take our word for it on this one,most noob's won't so please do us a favor and be the first.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Mod Note

It will turn ugly if you choose it to be. Keep it civil. If it's just a poll, then it's just a poll.
If this thread goes sour, it'll be locked. Rest assured we will be watching it.

I, in fact, own two hybrids. Well one. The other one runs only on gasoline.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Don't think it'll become nasty. As long as people just VOTE instead of detailing anything about any possible one they have. *shrugs*

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't think it'll become nasty. As long as people just VOTE instead of detailing anything about any possible one they have. *shrugs*
Haha.........We USED to have one of the "albovagans" abominations that Sharpfang produced.Quite a few went around actually.Pretty sure ours met the freezer....

Jared781

Arachnobaron
I dont have a Hybrid... I could see myself with one in the future i guess, YET its not something i wake up thinkin about everyday!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
My guess is that most people who have kept a reasonably large number of animals over the years has likely had a hybrid whether they know it or not. The barriers to interspecific breeding in tarantulas don't seem particularly hard to bypass and the ability of a portion of the hobby to truly ID spiders is pretty poor .. with the balance having no ability whatsoever.

Cheers,
Dave

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Don't own a hybrid, but would give one a home on the conditions that A) I didn't pay for it B) It was given to me as a hybrid. If I found myself in a situation where I was hard struck for money I would most certainly freeze it before selling it.

I will always be against the intentional interbreeding of species and will never buy one.

I've seen a few pictures of hybrids and the parents are more attractive than the offspring.

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
i have no hybrids but i do have an unkown avic that i wont breed though he's now mature because i don't want to promote hybrids

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Unless you could produce a hybrid worthy enough, like a G. pulchra the size of T. blondi, for example, I see no need to mix the two and will not support the habit.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chris, that is killer!!

...anyways, i do not drive hybrids...I drive a 6.1L hemi.

hmmm I have a feelin I should have read the previous posts in this thread.............

seacowst

Arachnosquire
my friend got a albovagans mix and i hated it. worst freakof nature ever. it acted worse than 1000 obts attiude togther

---------- Post added 04-14-2012 at 02:55 AM ----------

Haha.........We USED to have one of the "albovagans" abominations that Sharpfang produced.Quite a few went around actually.Pretty sure ours met the freezer....
omg thosse things... they were ugly and scary. they took the worst traits of both parents. my friend killed his by freezing it. worst creature ever to live

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
idk if hybridization leads to abnormal personalities but Ill take YOUR word for it.. all i know is i like to know what im getting when i pay for a t... im gonna use the same quote ive said in 100 other hybrid posts... " the day i own a pair of ts, of every sp... from every genera.. is the day ill WILLINGLY purchase a hybrid" . I like Amoebas outlook on this subject..
Don't own a hybrid, but would give one a home on the conditions that A) I didn't pay for it B) It was given to me as a hybrid. If I found myself in a situation where I was hard struck for money I would most certainly freeze it before selling it.

I will always be against the intentional interbreeding of species and will never buy one.

I've seen a few pictures of hybrids and the parents are more attractive than the offspring.