Roach Spanish Fly

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
So bearded dragons are gluttons. Who knew? I need my roach colony to triple in size and the sooner the better. I know Citrus promotes breeding in dubia roaches but is there anything more effective?

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The obvious answer is "heat". Believe it or not, I still have to buy roaches from time to time to keep all our reptiles fed and I breed a ton of roaches!

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Perhaps a smaller heatpad in conjunction with an inch of coconut fiber substrate wet down every few days, along with a less ventilated lid would do the trick for you. There's no escaping heat as the single best modification most people could do to increase reproduction. I don't advocate a heatlamp, but I actually keep a 60 watt red bulb on top of my dubia tank nearly 24 hours a day (my daughter moves it off sometimes when she feeds her cornsnake). I just don't see die-off in there. I would prefer to be running a heatpad on this tank but I hate to buy new equipment when I already have something that approximates it.

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
i did switch to a lid with less ventilation and it did seem to help and they're in a room thats about 85 degrees at all times but a heat pad seems to be lethal but i'll try one on the side and see