Isopods or Springtails - Which one?

Set

Arachnopeon
I currently have a 20L enclosure with 14 P Imp. scorplings in it. I've been working to keep the moisture up and the mold down, but it is a constant battle. I had a colony of full-size isopods, but all of the adults were eaten by the scorplings. I'm considering introducing either Springtails, Jungle Micropods, or another species of Isopods. I've searched the board and google, but haven't found the details that I am looking for.

What are the pros/cons of one species vs another? What would you recommend?

Also, where is the best place to buy? Bugs In Cyberspace looks like it has the best selection.

Set

Arachnopeon
Is there any disadvantage to micro fauna diversity in a scorpion enclosure? Can i just add both?

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I personally use springtails they are small out of the way and you couldn't kill them if you wanteed to. All cricket parts dissapear as well and they are too small for anything to bother with them.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You are likely to get springtails sooner or later whether you want them or not. So I would buy the white micropods. They bury and are small enough that scorpions won't get them, in general. They reproduce fast also. They eat mold, fungi, and dead parts. All it take is a small rotting cricket leg to get an explosion of those nasty grain mites. I can't count the number of times I've dealt with that. I have no problems with those anymore. I was frustrated for many years with all that stuff, but the solution is pretty simple, isopods, and stop trying to sterilize things so much, imo it's counter-productive.

Yoxigan

Arachnopeon
I would use isopods. I keep them as pets. They do very well on any type of food.

Set

Arachnopeon
Thanks, everyone! I am going to put a culture of springtails in the tank, and then culture the isopods in a separate tank to be introduced once I have more.

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, everyone! I am going to put a culture of springtails in the tank, and then culture the isopods in a separate tank to be introduced once I have more.
It never hurts to just try both and see what works better/ you like better for yourself.