Monocentropus balfouri webbing up entire cage

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
It's most Likely normall she/he may be moltin. My g. Rose webs all t's have their own personalities

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's most Likely normall she/he may be moltin. My g. Rose webs all t's have their own personalities
What makes you think this tarantula is going to molt? Check out this thread:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?226147-Example-of-what-pre-molt-looks-like

Although a tarantula might web a molt mat in preparation for a molt, the act of webbing is not itself an indicator of pre-molt, especially with this species, or another "heavy webber." Although individual specimens within a species can be different, there is a huge difference between the webbing behavior of G. rosea and species such as M. balfouri, P. murinus, C. cyaneopubescens, etc.

Last edited:

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
What makes you think this tarantula is going to molt? Check out this thread:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?226147-Example-of-what-pre-molt-looks-like

Although a tarantula might web a molt mat in preparation for a molt, the act of webbing is not itself an indicator of pre-molt, especially with this species, or another "heavy webber." Although individual specimens within a species can be different, there is a huge difference between the webbing behavior of G. rosea and species such as M. balfouri, P. murinus, C. cyaneopubescens, etc.
Yes I realize but I dont know all that much about this species. As I said she MAY be but then again my rose webs and he won't molt so as I said they all have their own personalities

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes I realize but I dont know all that much about this species. As I said she MAY be but then again my rose webs and he won't molt so as I said they all have their own personalities
Yes, individual tarantulas have their own personalities, but there are also consistent behaviors that are typical for a species. For example, G. rosea very rarely web to any significant extent while some species, like M. balfouri web extensively. Using comparisons with G. rosea to indicate that a molt may be impending is not very informative.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
I noticed you called your G.rosea a 'he' is it a confirmed male? Mature? Of its mature it's possible the heavy webbing your seeing is a sperm web. Does it have palps like boxing gloves?

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
Yeah I see how it may not be informative I knew somone would catch me on that but I don't know much about his species until I started looking it up and such.

---------- Post added 04-26-2012 at 09:37 PM ----------

And what do you mean by boxing gloves his webbing his only on his hide where he is most the time and yes I am nearly 100 percent sure and I'm not sure of age or anythig his web looks kinda wet like but he webbed the front not the back entrance

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've had them since 2010. They just web up, really. Very much normal and a good indication that your T is enjoying its cage.

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
Yea he a male I'm not hundred percent sure but I have seen under him and seen no female parts.also he is quite small as males are