Help with my pedes.

Chaoticmindsays

Arachnopeon
I just got a few common desert centipedes. They are all young and set up in one gallon jars, heat gradient of about 70-80 24/7. eco earth bedding, 70-80% humidity. They have been tunneling and seem happy, but I would like any advice that anyone has to give. I'm a little worried about the humidity since they are a desert species. A care sheet would be great! any help appreciated! PM or comment pleasee!

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
If you give the scientific name it will make it a hell of a lot easier to help you out or of you don't know the name a high detailed picture.

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A photo of the cage you've created would probably be more helpful than knowing the species since our various desert centipedes do well in similar captive habitats. I suspect S. polymorpha is your species since you said common. Actually, your set-up sounds pretty ideal. I like to add sand into the substrate. It seems to help them stay mite free. Your humidity is probably okay though my containers tend to drop much lower than that for weeks at a time. Dryness is actually their biggest killer as they seek out humid micro-habitats in the desert. You will find better feedback in the future by posting in the Myriapods section of this forum.