My new haul arrives tomorrow

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
k.. so the other day i logged on nice and early started browsing the fs section... i came across an incredible deal that i ALWAYS HEAR about but have never had happen before... I immiediately replied and got lucky... tommorrow morning these ts will arrive
T. plumipes - 3" - 0.0.1
T. cupreus - 3" - 1.0.0 (mature male)
P. irminia - 3.5" - 0.0.1
P. cambridgei - 3" - 0.0.1
A. avicularia - 1" - 0.0.1
I have 6 B. albopilosum, all .75" or less, sex unknown
A. diversipes - 2" - 0.0.1
.....plus a couple others.
i already went and hit the dollar $tore today and got myself a bunch of awesome containers and homes... the curly slings just get a jumbo day to day pill box thing... the kind with lil compartments that have SMTWTFS on the lids each one can easily fit 2 quarters side by side in there and is about 1.25 deep. just wanted to share.. ill be posting pics tomorrow or this week when they settle in

Im freakin excited... by far the biggest haul ive ever had at once im up to 26 ts total for the time being. {D{D:biggrin:{D{D

TZach

Arachnosquire
Wow, im getting a T. Plumipes too!! It will be my first tapinauchenius

Skeri

Arachnosquire
Congrats on your new T's and the awesome deals. I'm up to 9 now. Just got 3 slings in today 2 P. regalis and one G. pulchripes.

I love how you said "for the time being" haha. I'm the same way. I feel like eventually the whole one wall of my bedroom is going to be stacked to the brim with Ts XD.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
when i order ts im usually preparred ... today i went to dollar store and bought all the enclosures... now im baking tons of eco earth all night because i just made it from brick last night.. drilling millions of holes and hot gluing... man this is a lot of work lol... i thought they would come priority so included 10$ for shipping cost, but instead synic shipped express ... he is awesome.. he said his ts getting here to a good home SAFELY is more important than some extra money... i was impressed SERIOUSLY

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats bro, make sure you take some pictures to share with us :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i definitely will ... im excited that my gf wants to help me unpack em too.. well see how long THAT lasts lol

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
k so my new ts just all arrived LIVE and beautiful... Adam (synic) sure packed em well too... My one complaint (if you could call it that:biggrin:) is that his eye sure is off on some of these...lol heres the corrections im making

T. plumipes - 3" - 0.0.1 (maybe 3.75-4")
T. cupreus - 3" - 1.0.0 (mature male) (about right)
P. irminia - 3.5" - 0.0.1 (more like 4.5-5")
P. cambridgei - 3" - 0.0.1 (more like 4.25")
A. avicularia - 1" - 0.0.1 (closer to 2")
I have 6 B. albopilosum, all .75" or less, sex unknown (all about .25-.5")
A. diversipes - 2" - 0.0.1 (more like 4" easy)

adam, you are a awesome guy, but you would make a horrible carpenter lol... i am extremely pleased with this haul and i would buy from you anytime. They all look very beautiful and healthy. i assure you these guys will love their new home.
Thanks
_steve

synic

Arachnosquire
adam, you are a awesome guy, but you would make a horrible carpenter lol... i am extremely pleased with this haul and i would buy from you anytime. They all look very beautiful and healthy. i assure you these guys will love their new home.
Thanks
_steve
I would indeed make a horrible carpenter. Glad they all arrived safely! So, there's what would be considered 4 "hot" T's in there, but the only one that has ever given me any guff is the P cambridgei, so watch out for him. Packing him for shipping was "interesting".

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would indeed make a horrible carpenter. Glad they all arrived safely! So, there's what would be considered 4 "hot" T's in there, but the only one that has ever given me any guff is the P cambridgei, so watch out for him. Packing him for shipping was "interesting".
thats interesting... the Pcam was one of the easiest.. just casually walked into its new enclosure.. the IRMINIA is the one to look out for IMO.. it bit the stick i used to prod it with when rehousing.

I still cant get over the diversipes... that thing is HUGE.. i hold my sling all the time, and would LIKE to try handling the big one. what would you say this ts temperment is adam? did you ever handle any of these?

synic

Arachnosquire
thats interesting... the Pcam was one of the easiest.. just casually walked into its new enclosure.. the IRMINIA is the one to look out for IMO.. it bit the stick i used to prod it with when rehousing.

I still cant get over the diversipes... that thing is HUGE.. i hold my sling all the time, and would LIKE to try handling the big one. what would you say this ts temperment is adam? did you ever handle any of these?
He/She/It is bolty, watch out. Just have a lot of room for her to run. I have another diversipes I got from xhexdx, and that one ran up inside my shirt. They are indeed fast.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome bro. Glad they came in ok.
thanks john

He/She/It is bolty, watch out. Just have a lot of room for her to run. I have another diversipes I got from xhexdx, and that one ran up inside my shirt. They are indeed fast.
yeah.. my sling is pretty quick and ive chased it down once. i imagine its similar with adults. as long as its not BITEY im ok lol.. time will tell.

---------- Post added 05-02-2012 at 01:25 PM ----------

i will DEFINITELY have to get the irminia and the diversipes new cages too.. the irminia is fine for now, but the diversipes is in a 24oz clear coffee style plastic drink cup similar to these avic houses in this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?228094-New-ts-arrived-today

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Np.. later tonight.. i want them to adjust a bit... I will put the cart before the horse though and say that i think the plumpies and the the Pcam are girls (only ones ive seen ventrally)... i will see one day when they molt. Best way to be sure

Skeri

Arachnosquire
Glad your Ts came in alright. I've been watching the ones I just got in non stop because they are so interesting. You would think getting new Ts would make people ok with not getting more for a while, but it just makes me go "I want more of these... now" XD

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
k.. so the other day i logged on nice and early started browsing the fs section... i came across an incredible deal that i ALWAYS HEAR about but have never had happen before... I immiediately replied and got lucky... tommorrow morning these ts will arrive
T. plumipes - 3" - 0.0.1
T. cupreus - 3" - 1.0.0 (mature male)
P. irminia - 3.5" - 0.0.1
P. cambridgei - 3" - 0.0.1
A. avicularia - 1" - 0.0.1
I have 6 B. albopilosum, all .75" or less, sex unknown
A. diversipes - 2" - 0.0.1
.....plus a couple others.
i already went and hit the dollar $tore today and got myself a bunch of awesome containers and homes... the curly slings just get a jumbo day to day pill box thing... the kind with lil compartments that have SMTWTFS on the lids each one can easily fit 2 quarters side by side in there and is about 1.25 deep. just wanted to share.. ill be posting pics tomorrow or this week when they settle in

Im freakin excited... by far the biggest haul ive ever had at once im up to 26 ts total for the time being. {D{D:biggrin:{D{D
Way to go, bro!

So you're getting a new P. irminia? AWESOME! Hope it's a female, but at that size you can probably tell by just looking at the coloring already.

Either way PICTURES!!!!

Jared781

Arachnobaron
damn... deffinitely not just a "Haul" jus make sure to post some pics after will ya?