baby pede feeding and housing

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry, i forgot to address a few other questions. i'll write out the questions and answer them from a list the next time.

[YOUTUBE]MSHoCf45Jlw&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Interesting, I do it exactly the same and Jason and I never have talked about how we each do it. The only diff is that I cut my roaches(or crickets) with a pair of good scissors instead of a knife, I understand using a knife instead though. I even cut the legs off also but because of the spines that the pedes really don't seem to like, they are a little dangerous to pedes. I've seen them get poked and then appear to get an infection around the area, esp. around the head area where they obviously get poked more often. Yeah that's a good vid, should help people that are getting into pedes, or it might give new ideas to people in general.

coldvaper

Arachnosquire
Great vid Jason, wish my pede lived. Don't know why it stopped eating and died.

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice work!

I picked up some pin heads for my plings and hope they eat, or I'll switch to the cut up roach.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Very good informative video. I do the same for many of my slings. Maybe someday I'll get into keeping pedes. Thanks for sharing.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great vid Jason, wish my pede lived. Don't know why it stopped eating and died.
Hi there, this is why we should work toward CB pedes.
I bought 5 wild caught S. s. mutilans and they all died one after another. i also got 5 wild caught Vietnamese yellowlegs aka S. s. de haani and 1 wild caught orange legs. 3 died and3 are still alive.

it's pretty sad and not to mention a waste of money. anyway, i recommend that people buy captive bred whenever it's possible. if you're not breeding them, then it would still be fun to raise them up and watch them grow. i noticed that a lot of people just want to get their hands on a large centipede.
if you can raise them up successfully, then you will learn a lot about them at the same time. also, i noticed that the aggression in CB pedes versus WC pedes are less. CB pedes are calmer.

satchellwk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Kyuzo, thanks for posting this. I recently got a heros pling ,and I had trouble getting it to eat live dubia nymphs and small crickets; however, now that I've started giving him pre-kill, he has had a ravenous appetite. Finding small food was what actually steered my away from getting really small pedes for a while; glad I know this method now.

Daltar08

Arachnopeon
agreed

thank you for the tip Jason, i usually allow them 30 seconds to interact with a 3 mm BL pinhead cricket if they dont take it, i carefully remove it and give them prekill!, they eat well, they recently seem to be hiding a little more than usual any idea on when they might molt, or time inbetween molts as plings?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thank you for the tip Jason, i usually allow them 30 seconds to interact with a 3 mm BL pinhead cricket if they dont take it, i carefully remove it and give them prekill!, they eat well, they recently seem to be hiding a little more than usual any idea on when they might molt, or time inbetween molts as plings?
Hi there,
grow rate for baby pedes usually can be anywhere between 3-4 weeks to 6-8 weeks. it's all depend on feeding and temperature. optimum temperature vary with each specie, you'll have to look further into their natural habitat. baby pedes will eat every 3-4 days and grow fast if they are fed like that. you can feed them once a week as well.