Tityus Bastosi

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello All,

Here are a couple pics of my new Tityus Bastosi, yes, they are all housed individually (for now) in the cups pictured until they are fully mature. These guys are tiny! The cups are 5.5 oz cups, with cork strips hot glued to the sides, then a cork bark slab provided for climbing and molting. I thought this up the other day to give them more "climbing and usable area" while in the cups. I house them individually as there is less likely for something bad to happen and if/when it does, it can be contained easier. This species seems to be pretty rare in the U.S.

The cups are in kept in a rubbermaid on a shelf that runs 79-83 degrees (26.1 to 23.3 Celsius) during the day. Sorry about my bad pictures, I still haven't figured out my phone yet.

If anyone has any advice, please feel free to chime in! The air holes are pre-punched 1/16" along the top rim of the cup, the substrate is Eco Earth / Coco Fiber.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. - Yes this is a re-post from another forum, sorry if you get sick of that type of thing!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like you got them. Cool. I'm not sure if their is a lot of info around. I had the hardest time getting mine to breed. I was keeping them pretty warm and I never had any sucsess. IN a fit of frustration I started keeping them at room temps and all of a sudden I've got a brood and a second female is very gravid. The babies are small. I breed a few crickets just to be able to feed them. Another thing is that they like it moist. You might want to ask a few of the European keepers, they have some good insights especially with species like tityus that we don't see as much in the US.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep hitting up Sean for info. I saw his setup. Keep them more moist than you would anything else, or they might die, and provide proper ventilation, or they will die. NEED vertical bark to molt, or they will die. Echoing him probably. They're insanely fragile and I wish you the best man. They're gorgeous in person!