Is it normal for slings to be in their tunnel ALL THE TIME?

Mafles

Arachnopeon
I have two 1-2 inchers. One is a L. Parahybana or Klugi and the other is a N. Coloratovillosus or a Geniculata. I made two little houses for them out of bark. I never see them out. When I put food in there they don't attempt to go after it; but the next day the crickets are gone. Is this normal sling behavior?:eek:

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its normal. all my slings do it they come out at night to eat. if you wanna see them look at night

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Nah, my slings throw a tantrum and dont eat unless I give them 30 minutes of "Kenny Vs. Spenny" every night :sarcasm:

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
i haven't seen a few of my slings at all since i got them! but the food i leave always disappears and if not, i assume they're in premolt. :p occasionally i'll see legs sticking out, but they quickly disappear.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, it's normal. Tarantulas have many predators and slings are particularly vulnerable. It's in their best interest to hide.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im with everybody else... i am only POSTING because im curious as to why do you not know what kind of ts you have?? id ask if you had pics so we could try to id them, but given the situation lol...........

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
id say use a blue or red light insted of a flashlight cos they can see the blue or red light,whereas the flashlight will more than likely make them bolt into there hide!

kwacky

Arachnosquire
My Klugi spiderling has trashed his small enclosure. It's like a mini bulldozer has been in there. He's/She's dug himself a nice burrow under some cork. He's dragged a lot of sub and moss and blocked up the entrance to the hide I put in there. He's then excavated a load of sub and made a new entrance. Fortunately he dug right down to the bottom of the enclosure so I can see him from below if I pick it up.

First time I saw him was this morning, with his abdomen sticking out of the entrance.

He'll come out more as he grows. As will yours.

Furret

Arachnosquire
My b. smithi sling stays in its little coconut hut all the time. I guess they just like dark places, hehe

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
id say use a blue or red light insted of a flashlight cos they can see the blue or red light,whereas the flashlight will more than likely make them bolt into there hide!
I'll second this. When i use a normal light my B. albopilosum will bolt into it's burrow, but i got a red filter and it fixed that problem.

Ivymike1973

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Klugi spiderling has trashed his small enclosure. It's like a mini bulldozer has been in there. He's/She's dug himself a nice burrow under some cork. He's dragged a lot of sub and moss and blocked up the entrance to the hide I put in there. He's then excavated a load of sub and made a new entrance. Fortunately he dug right down to the bottom of the enclosure so I can see him from below if I pick it up.

First time I saw him was this morning, with his abdomen sticking out of the entrance.

He'll come out more as he grows. As will yours.
My little B. Vagans sling did the same thing. He didn't have a name before but he is now named Dozer.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I have two 1-2 inchers. One is a L. Parahybana or Klugi and the other is a N. Coloratovillosus or a Geniculata. I made two little houses for them out of bark. I never see them out. When I put food in there they don't attempt to go after it; but the next day the crickets are gone. Is this normal sling behavior?:eek:
yes if they have enuf dirt to burrow they almost burrow 100% of the time LOL