Some different morph questions...

lizardminion

Arachnolord
I've got two questions regarding herp morphs, but to keep things rather organized, I'll put them in one thread.

1. My question is in regards to albino leopard geckos. As some restrain brown spots and coloring of the such, I have my doubts as to whether they are true albinos. I find it odd as albino strains such as the rainwater albino and especially the bell albino morphs retain spots on them, although they are usually a cinnamon brown. Of course, this is rather explainable if the spots still occur because they are caused by another pigment. So I'm asking; are they?

2. I have a interest in flashy, bold white, red, and yellow/orange albino morphs in (mostly colubrid) snakes. An example for these kind of morphs are the Reverse Okeetee Corn Snake, as well as the simple albino milk snake. What other morphs like these also occur?

Regards,

KeithY

Arachnopeon
1. No, those are not true albinos. There are few, if any true albino animals in reptiles, that is animals that completely lack melanin.
2. I am not much of a morph person, but rather a locality person. There are some milk and king snake localities that are very flashy. Arizona mountain kings come to mind, and they differ widely based on where they are from.

Hope that helped

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got two questions regarding herp morphs, but to keep things rather organized, I'll put them in one thread.

1. My question is in regards to albino leopard geckos. As some restrain brown spots and coloring of the such, I have my doubts as to whether they are true albinos. I find it odd as albino strains such as the rainwater albino and especially the bell albino morphs retain spots on them, although they are usually a cinnamon brown. Of course, this is rather explainable if the spots still occur because they are caused by another pigment. So I'm asking; are they?

2. I have a interest in flashy, bold white, red, and yellow/orange albino morphs in (mostly colubrid) snakes. An example for these kind of morphs are the Reverse Okeetee Corn Snake, as well as the simple albino milk snake. What other morphs like these also occur?

Regards,
Pretty much all of the tri-color Lampropeltis triangularum complex produces amelanistic animals which are "flashy, bold white, red, and yellow/orange" morphs, as do some of the Lampropeltis getulla goini and L. g. brooksii. There are also morphs available of many Garter subspecies( Thamnophis sp.) and Water Snakes (Nerodia sp.
especially N. fasciata pictiventris which produce snakes matching your description. The "Super-Hypo" phase of Florida Banded Water Snake is basically a red-orange on neon-orange snake.

pitbulllady

lizardminion

Arachnolord
Thanks for all the info! :)
I'll add a little more to this, I like a super flashy snake. The albino milk snakes are bold white/pinkish then BAM, pure flash of red. The Reverse Okeetee Corns are neon orange with the saddles of red and a bold white outline. I mostly like a good amount of white on the snake with that bright blood-red. The neon orange adds a bonus, while some yellow is a small bonus to me. But yeah, pretty much any bright, super flashy snake!
(also, a bonus question, is there a snake like I'm asking for, only it's a booid, not a colubrid)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Check out pictures of Lipstick Sunglow boas, T+ albino Blood Pythons, Jaguar carpet pythons, some Amazon Tree Boas are super flashy.