Is it just me?

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
So my USPS carrier takes FOREVER to get here. Literally takes all day. I went to school, came back and I am waiting here STILL at nearly 5pm and my spider is still not here. I hope my A. Purpurea is okay but this always happens with USPS and I am getting sick of it. They need to step up their game. Any one else have this problem with having to wait ALL day for USPS?

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you did an over night shipping and you still have not gotten your package I would recommend letting who ever you got the t from that it has not came and you should also beable to track your package. if it arrives later then and its not ok take pictures and let your seller know..

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, Mail delivery is spotty in my town. I have gotten to the point that if I'm expecting something time sensitive i call them in the morning before the carriers go out and have them hold my mail for me.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I shipped something hobby related( NOT a spider) Express,and it showed up 24 hrs late and they refused to refund us. Then a month later,we get a Due notice claiming that we never paid to ship that package,and we owed them $36. They then locked our Online account,and refuse to open it until we pay the money that we have ALREADY paid,and have PROOF of paying. 3 Supervisors and a Tech Support person later we had NO answers other than " Give us $36,and we will TRY to refund you the $36 back in the near future" What?!?!?!So they want US to pay for our OWN refund?!?!?! No one could fix this problem for us. We are quite big customers,shipping over $100 a week with them and we get treated like DIRT.They could care LESS..... Since Xmas we have had TERRIBLE service,half of our Express packages are always a day late,and they are bald faced LIARS.Before Xmas we NEVER had an issue!!! it is no wonder the USPS is loosing billions of dollars every year,it is run by MORONS and the locals Posts are staffed by MORONS. We have never been spoken to and treated so rudely before until we talked to USPS Supervisors.They could give 2 craps when THEY screw up.It was the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life,and we now refuse to use USPS for any shipping we do in the future...OP,I hope your spider gets there,but next time look into 2 day Fed Ex if the seller is willing to do so.USPS cannot be relied upon to deliver packages in a timely manner anymore.

Last edited:

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you're receiving a package via overnight service, perhaps it'd be better to opt to have it picked up at the post office nearest you. That way once they arrive in the morning, you can have it held there rather than having it loaded onto a truck and being at the mercy of the mail carrier.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Problem there is i was literaly told today by some postal workers, that they have no clue what hold for pickup is. What idiots. They also wont hold your mail unless its a 3 day or 30 day hold.
If you're receiving a package via overnight service, perhaps it'd be better to opt to have it picked up at the post office nearest you. That way once they arrive in the morning, you can have it held there rather than having it loaded onto a truck and being at the mercy of the mail carrier.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Problem there is i was literaly told today by some postal workers, that they have no clue what hold for pickup is. What idiots. They also wont hold your mail unless its a 3 day or 30 day hold.
That sucks, it's times like that that I'm glad i live in a town of just 436.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think my village is smaller. Maybe 200 people. But the usps still acts the same. I can also ship all the way to cali, (im in ohio), and ship express, it will get there the next day. If the same person ships to me, it takes 2 days. It takes 2 days to get to me from 2 states away.
That sucks, it's times like that that I'm glad i live in a town of just 436.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very true. Everytime i call to have packages held for me, they go off on me, so i gave up, and just wait for them to be delivered. I thought about getting a PO box, but i would never get my mail, unless a package came in haha.
Well that's just stupid.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
What you also need to realize is that USPS Express means just that. It's as fast as they can get it there. It's not USPS overnight. If you are far away from a major metropoltan area, it can take up to two days. To give you an example; I live 20 miles south of the twin cities, if I use express at the local PO it takes two days. If I ship from the PO next to my work in the twin cities it takes a day. But it could take longer if the recipient is far away from a metropolitan area also. This one of the reason's why fedex is better, they have three different overnight options.

OP: check the tracking it should say the estimated date of arrival.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
It arrived at nearly 5pm. I did have tracking and it did say it would arrive today but not the time or anything. Next time I will see if they will hold the mail...My post office is ridiculous though.

Im glad today wasn't too hot. My A. Purpurea is so awesome. =D

I just wish my post man would hurry his butt up sometimes. I think we must be last on the list of houses to be delivered too, or something? Or they just relax all day. haha I wouldn't doubt that. My post man is a jerk too, which doesn't help the situation.

Anyways , Thanks for the input!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
are you sure its not likely a case of " a watched pot never boils?" ive only had a delay ONCE .. it was priority and was SUPPOSED to arrive on the 3rd day, however it arrived on the 4th morning. It was still alive and kickin (thanks moghue).. if ANYTHING im more than impressed with the service IN MY AREA.. 2x recently i got them THE NEXT DAY.. once a MM was shipped and was supposed to arrive the next morning however it arrived at my house THE SAME DAY within a few hrs of notification (not sure how that worked but thanks terrariumkeeper)

On the OTHER hand, i shipped 3 packages Tuesday the 8th .. TWO arrived safely today ON TIME, while the 3rd DID NOT.. it will likely be there tomorrow

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Having a package that is sent via overnight service definitely qualifies to be held for pick up. I've had it done for me multiple times because my mail carrier down here epitmomizes incompetence. It gives the shipper the option to select this method when they print the shipping label online. They won't hold it for pick up if the sender pays for priority service, but will hold it for overnight service. I speak from experience.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
The last two Ts I received I waited the mailman came I asked if he had my package he said no. So I asked him to check his van after some rooting around he found my parcel marked 'fragile' all nice and crushed below the other parcels. Seriously the guy was lucky he didn't get his teeth knocked out I was fuming.... Havent seen that posty since though lol. Luckily the seller done a great job on the packing and the T was fine, but the recklessness of these companies is diabolical I ask sellers not to mark it fragile now as it gets treated worse than a regular package. ( I got this confirmed by a few people I know who work in that area. Disgusting really.)

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
I think my village is smaller. Maybe 200 people. But the usps still acts the same. I can also ship all the way to cali, (im in ohio), and ship express, it will get there the next day. If the same person ships to me, it takes 2 days. It takes 2 days to get to me from 2 states away.
Same here im in ohio i have considerd mail ordering but been afraid of the packing of the people and the mail its self

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I didnt know that. Mine was sent priority. Unfortunately it took 4 days to get here, and the mm was dead. But it seems like she had no idea what hold for pick up was at all.
Having a package that is sent via overnight service definitely qualifies to be held for pick up. I've had it done for me multiple times because my mail carrier down here epitmomizes incompetence. It gives the shipper the option to select this method when they print the shipping label online. They won't hold it for pick up if the sender pays for priority service, but will hold it for overnight service. I speak from experience.

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 06:17 PM ----------

Dont worry so much. 99% of the time, packages will get to you ok.
Same here im in ohio i have considerd mail ordering but been afraid of the packing of the people and the mail its self