Do you need an exotic pet license to keep an emperor scorpion in Mississippi

MzDaltonJenkins

Arachnopeon
I just got an emperor scorpion from a friend and im not sure if i need an exotic pet license or not where i live i live in pearl mississippi can anyone help me?!

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you going to be putting a large sign that you own one in your front yard :) I doubt you need one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd just use some common sense and not worry about. Requiring an exotic pet license probably has more to do with keeping mammals and reptiles. Some can be dangerous or require special care so trained people(hopefully) want to know more info about what people have as far as that goes. If I found out they did want me to get an exotic pet license for keeping and emp, read their excuse for it and thought it was ridiculous, then I just wouldn't do it. I'd protest it if it were really absurd. I'd look at the reasoning and ask, "What good is it doing me or anybody else to pay the government money for me having an emperor scorpion?" I'm not trying to encourage you to break any law, sounds like it though doesn't it, it's just how I feel about it. If you do require a license for it, imo it'd be fun to find out where that law originated, the basis for it would be really interesting. Then I might try and get a group together to protest it if it were as stupid as I would expect it to be. But, I'd have to hear their story first of course. If it's a law, odds are that it's only for tax revenue, basically, a ripoff.

Furret

Arachnosquire
Ask you LPS if they sell emps, if so then you're all good. I know there are some states that ban selling madagascar hissing cockroaches, but I don't think any have any actualy restrictions for emperor scorpions, as they are the most common scorpions used as pets.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
As a Mississippi girl myself, I'm gonna say no. As far as I know, we don't have any laws banning invert keeping here. :)