Freshly molted tasty juicy crickets

goatpiper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know that usually there is a food bolus left behind when a T eats a crik, mainly because of the exoskeleton, but if a crik is freshly molted when you throw it in, is it possible for the T to eat all of it? I fed my chaco sling two nice sized crickets yesterday, she ate one, and when I went to bed, the other was still hopping around. Well, he ain't in the chaco's house anymore, and there is absolutely no trace of either cricket, and I looked long and hard. She is one well-fed T, big and bulbous opisthosoma....it's a beautiful thing. I expect moltage in a week or so...I think she's about due.
Anyway, what about the crix? Soft and entirely edible after a molt?

gp

MikeF

Arachnopeon
seems logical to me...i just fed my Aphonopelma schmidti some crickets and the first one it took it ate the whole darn thing. unless i was missing somthing and it just had the exoskelton tucked it somewhere. too bad theres no such thing as soft shell crickets...

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I haent really noticed a food bolus with the pinheads ive been feeding my slings either

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I find even feeding younger small/medium sized crickets to T's that they leave little or no bolus compared to feeding large old crickets with a tough exoskeleton.Feeding the large old crickets and I'm always finding boluses balled up and laying around.I try to stick to small & medium sized crickets even if it means feeding more.They're more nutricious than large old crickets.Soon there will be no cricket feeding...roach colony is underway....peace..