Need Help Real Quick!

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have or had actually 7 arboreal t's, all slings.. today I just got an A. Avic sub-adult i think... anyways i just got home and i need fast help! i bought a Large Kritter Keeper which is as big as a 5 gallon tank.. anyways, my T is 3.5 inches if not a bit less.. I have enough cork bark for any setup i wish to use but i wanna use the KK.. the problem is it looks too big for the T.. i have a plastic container half the size of the KK that's more tall then wide.. i wanna use the KK though.. should i? will it die? this is my first big arboreal! HHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP QUICK cause it's in a little deli cup right now

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Stand it up on end, and use the lid door for access. Lean the bark or hot glue it to the side, put a half inch of substrate down, voila. You'll have a pinktoe in proper care.

Bill

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea i know that part conipto, thanx for the help though! what i neeeeed to now fast is should i put a 3.5 inch pinktoe in a large kritter keeper cause it seems a little to big but i'm not sure exactly what too big is since this is my first sub-adult arboreal..

or should i put it in something smaller?

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Bill, you beat me to it...I spent about 10 minutes looking at this post trying to figure out if it was serious.

Anyway, while a 5 gal KK seems (to me at least) a little large for a 3.5 avic, or any T for that matter of that size, it should be fine. you might want to consider hot gluing a water dish to the side too and putting some plastic across the bottom half of the open side to keep in the substrate...and it should something like this

hth

Jeff

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unless you're limited to space in your room I can't think of any reason why it would be too BIG. In the wild they live up in the trees dozens of feet above the ground...I don't think any cage is too big for any aboreal, could only be too small, which in this case it obviously isn't.

Later,

Jake

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've got my 4" pink toe in a 5 1/2 gallon glass tank tipped up and shes doin fine

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by jcohen9999
Bill, you beat me to it...I spent about 10 minutes looking at this post trying to figure out if it was serious.
what about it made it seem not serious? just curious... and bill misunderstood my question.. i know all about arboreal husbandry except for the thing i was asking, if it was too big...

anyways in a split second i decided to use the KK and see how it would turn out...

so i got into the deli cup thing to get the t out.. since recently i lost 99% of my fear of handling t's i scooped it out with my hand.. so i'm holding it all cool thinking, "heh, these arboreals are pretty fast and skittish" since it was running around my arm.. when suddenly i decide to put it in it's enclosure... guess what happened next? THE little bastart SHOT doodoo at me!! i swear i used to think when you guys said that that it shot a ball of poop but nooooooo, IT WAS LIKE A WATER GUN!! lol.. THE WORST PART IS THE POOP GOT ME ON MY ARM AAANNNDD MY PUREPLAYA VELOUR SUIT!!!!!!!! GRRRRR.. this thing was expensive man!

i'll post pics in a sec...

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and here's the culprit! who's been charged with assault and possesion of a nasty weapon! it's been sentenced to LIFE IMPRISONMENT with no chances of parole.. :D

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe in the future you could figure this stuff out *before* you buy. ;)

-Kelly

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
Maybe in the future you could figure this stuff out *before* you buy. ;)

-Kelly
well, i have arboreal slings and they web up quite a bit but i don't appreciate being tested about my knowledge in these creature as i know aaaaaalllll the proper care, more so then a lot of people here.. i have the t keepers guide etc... what i don't have is experience and i thought that this was the reason this forum is up? to share experiences am i wrong? i am in no way giving any of my t's the wrong care and the one i just got is getting proper care in the sense that it has proper ventalation, humidity, etc...
not once did i ask here how to give it proper care but if in others experience that KK was too big and if the cork is too thick... i also know that not all arboreal t's build a tube web but i know they need a place to anchor it from so since i have no experience, back to my question....

Originally posted by da_illest
will it build a tube web or is the cork bark to thick?
about all this fluff stuff, some people in their normal everyday lives are just friendly, talkative people and this reflects on their posts, some people have lots of friends and family and are just used to that.. i'm not with or against this whole fluff situation, i couldn't care less but honestly keep in mind this is a forum and people shouldn't be hated on for posting, "i second that" just to reassure somebody that the last post was correct.. also there's nothing wrong with people posting a bit of T humor in the t forums.. it gives it a little edge.. just speaking my mind.. we're not just monotone mooded computers simply talking staight facts all the time and never joking around or being in a good mood.. i think i might post this in the watering hole..

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It'll make a web no matter what kinda cage its in my 2 a.avics are in small k-keepers and they webbed the heck outta them, its just a matter of time, dont handle her for about 2 weeks or so, so she can get used to her new home by then she should have the placed really webbed up:) anyways good luck with her.

Josh

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jguy001
It'll make a web no matter what kinda cage its in my 2 a.avics are in small k-keepers and they webbed the heck outta them, its just a matter of time, dont handle her for about 2 weeks or so, so she can get used to her new home by then she should have the placed really webbed up:) anyways good luck with her.

Josh
thanks j dude... i was just wondering though, do yours have cork bark that thick, or in other words can they build a tube web from such a big piece of cork like mine? i really wanna see a tube web so if i have to cut it down the middle i will...

thanx again b.