Euathlus sp. "Smaragd"

invictus

Arachnopeon
I have an opportunity to snag a pair of these. My understanding is that they are smaller, and very docile. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
I have an opportunity to snag a pair of these. My understanding is that they are smaller, and very docile. Does anyone have any experience with these?
Spelling mistake in title? Lol never heard of those before.

As you said smaller and docile, I'm guessing you mean E. sp 'red' ?
If so BUY THEM, was literally just doing maintenance in my E.sp 'red' tank, every time the cage is opened it will willingly walk straight out onto my hand. Highly active constantly shifting dirt about, filling her water bowl in with sub, great feeder.

Honestly I really can't recommend this T enough.

You may find this thread useful too:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?231531-Euathlus-sp.-quot-Chilean-Flame-Rump-quot-help

Edit: I ran a search on the name you typed only got 1 result but it was in German so I couldn't understand it lol

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
These are the Euathlus spec. "green" actually, as far as I'm aware. It's just another pet-trade synonym for them. Actually look like pulcherimaklaasi, just instead of the blue they have green femurs...

invictus

Arachnopeon
Here's the picture I was given. (BTW, Ken the Bug Guy has had these on his lists as well, so I'm not making up the name) :) Doesn't look like a green to me....

---------- Post added 06-01-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

As you said smaller and docile, I'm guessing you mean E. sp 'red' ?
If so BUY THEM, was literally just doing maintenance in my E.sp 'red' tank, every time the cage is opened it will willingly walk straight out onto my hand. Highly active constantly shifting dirt about, filling her water bowl in with sub, great feeder.

Honestly I really can't recommend this T enough.
Actually, I'm happy that you provided this feedback, because I have an opportunity for a pair of these as well. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If that's a sling, then it hasn't developed it's color yet!

E. spec. "red" is black with only a red little TUFT of hair between carapace and abdomen! The T on that picture is NOT an E. spec "red", however. I will agree, though, that it doesn't look like an E. spec. "green" either o_O. Either way, pictures can be deceiving, get picture of it's underside (ventral) showing the legs, too.

Click THIS and THIS picture as a reference to what Euathlus spec. "green" looks like, or even THIS one...after all, they are mainly called so of the femurs and the green carapace...

Fact remains: E. spec. "smaragd" = E. spec. "green" !

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The pic above is of the adult female. Looking at the pics you posted, this one looks very different...
That's what I meant, it doesn't look anything like an E. spec. "green" at all...hence I kinda doubt it's the correct spider on that picture. Then again, Ken knows his stuff usually from what I hear. However, E. spec. "green" look exactly like on the pictures I posted you there. So I'd maybe refer him to them and ask him about it if in doubt.

PS: Ask Tom or Anastasia about these, as I seem to remember they bred them at some point themself, or at least had them in their possession.

Last edited:

invictus

Arachnopeon
I should probably find out exactly who this is coming from, but I did say that I'd take the pair.

spiderschilean

Arachnopeon
Here's the picture I was given. (BTW, Ken the Bug Guy has had these on his lists as well, so I'm not making up the name) :) Doesn't look like a green to me....

---------- Post added 06-01-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Actually, I'm happy that you provided this feedback, because I have an opportunity for a pair of these as well. :)
Hi I am from Chile where I came that tarantula, that species is the genus Euathlus itself not the genre Paraphysa, the species is Paraphysa sp tiger, leave a picture of one of my dogs recently moved So they can appreciate the color and design them abdomen identical copy of the photo.

he can be found online as emerald Paraphysa sp.

Female
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7384/13227179433_78c9c5d388_z.jpg

Male
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3777/13227032665_3587b83926_z.jpg

Last edited:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I lean towards agreeing with the post above. That T appears to have the telltale hair tufts of a Paraphysa sp.
Edit: For what it's worth Paraphysa are supposed to be pretty docile as well; although that's only hearsay on my part since I own none.