Meanwhile in India...

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Well, that's odd. Wonder what would cause the so-called "swarming" behavior... And what exactly is a "Black Wishbone?" I'm not familiar with that one.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fear mongering and exaggeration, they went to local doctors who cut them with rusted blades and most likely caused a tetanus infection (been there done that).

Most likely a few people were bit and the myglamorph is aggressive with potent venom but I doubt it leaps on faces. If it does I need to check it out this summer (going back to my homeland) :D

Also I thought people could not be allergic to tarantula venom because it lacks peptides which cause the reaction?
Nice find!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just saw this on facebook and I have to say after reading this its got to be one of the most ridiculous articles I have ever seen :X

Assam doesn't have venomous spiders, it never had any throughout history, or there would have been some document, text or art that depicted this spider
f the spider is indeed the black wishbone, which is found in Australia, how did it come all the way to Assam? Or, if it is the funnel-web spider, how did it suddenly appear at a place that is not its usual habitat? These questions have baffled experts.
:wall:

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I doubt they are that knowledgeable (the writers of the article) about the history of Assam. Just because there aren't any "known" artifacts of history that depict the spider so it doesn't exist?

India does have some very intelligent scientists who I am sure they will clear up this mess after some diligent research.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Reminds of the Sydney funnelweb that was found in Arkansas or whatever state not too long ago... {D

Drezno

Arachnopeon
At least the author put "tarantula" and "kill" in quotes... the whole thing sounds pretty absurd.

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
My thoughts are; "pics or it didn't happen". If these things are swarming then there should be photos of the culprits, even if it is India. I'm just imagining a swarm of P. Regalis face hugging people...lmao.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
This story was just read on my local morning show. This ridiculous story is spreading fast.:wall:

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know guys, Manimugdha S Sharma is a very credible writer. He's penned a few good ones over the years:

Chupacabra Abducts Goat, Taunts Authorities on Twitter
Leprechauns Seek Representation in Bitter Union Battle
Count Dracula Turns Paparazzo Into Bat
Narnia Discovered in Antique British Wardrobe: EU Forces Prepare to Invade

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hahahaha.. He is so credible that this thread should have been posted in The Chat section! and not here in the discussion forum IMO

-Wade