Does this look alright for shipping?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How does this look for T. blondi MM? I will be using newspaper packing as well and adding a Nordic Ice pack also. Shipping to CA. First time shipping so I'm kinda paranoid. Box is 16x12x12.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yea.. definitely stuff it with wadded up newspaper and or more peanuts..
is there a foam lid to cap it off as well?

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

if youre using an icepack i would cut an additional divider and place the icepack in the smaller section.. maybe wrapped in a paper towel or two.

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 08:40 PM ----------

now that i think about it, did the person receiving the MM ASK for a ice pack? i just shipped 14 ts to LA, California and didn't use one and they all arrived fine

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I'll be adding newspaper wads. Should I double box the T? I can throw the ice pack in a separate smaller box.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nah.. no double boxing needed, just make sure that the container has plenty of firmly packed paper towels and that the spider cant bounce around too bad.. all the newspaper and styro takes away alot of potential harm, but if that t can bounce around INSIDE the enclosure, it will likely be a mess when it shows up..

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

there is a good vid on youtube where there is an actual egg demonstration , but i cant recall which one

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I watched Robc's tutorial so I was going by that. So you think I should put the ice pack in a smaller box inside?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
either in a separate compartment or wrapped up in towels in a sandwich baggie or SOMETHIN..

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
id imagine that if you placed it in a small cardboard box (like a non fragranced bar soap box) you wouldnt need additional wrap. the box would regulate the temp by itself

chaco

Arachnosquire
agreed

Robc packing videos help me out tons hes the man

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 11:34 PM ----------

Um put a styro divider between the T and ice pack safest method wrap in either newspaper or a cloth the ice pack i mean

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would put a styrofoam divider, but I used all the styrofoam up. I think I'll go with putting the ice pack in a small cardboard box. That is, if it's alright with the recipient. Waiting on a PM. Anyway, I'm in TN so I'd say better safe than sorry with an ice pack anyway.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shipping out today soon. Need one last confirmation. Here is the box now. Ice pack will be going in the gap.

I added a bunch more padding to this after this pic.

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would put a styrofoam divider, but I used all the styrofoam up. I think I'll go with putting the ice pack in a small cardboard box. That is, if it's alright with the recipient. Waiting on a PM. Anyway, I'm in TN so I'd say better safe than sorry with an ice pack anyway.
Not saying that youre wrong for an ice pack, but for future reference I think that ice packs/heat packs are more for the temps in the destination they arrive. When you bring a package to a PO , they usually take off within the night or by the next day.. even with priority shipping.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 10:43 AM ----------

all looks good though chris. Id be happy seeing the packaging .. Let us know how it went

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well the recipient requested a small one anyway. Can't wait to get my new Ts in the mail tomorrow!!! :D

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
cool.. well glad you figured out what to do with him.
hope you dont mind , but a PM is on the way