handable

Ahmet29992

Arachnopeon
My Grammostola pulchripes is like a toy, it's very docile. Not to locusts and crickets, though.
I hope you're not one of the two, or else.....

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Each tarantula is an individual, thus will have individual temperaments as well. With that in mind some of the more docile terrestrial species tend to be G. pulchra, G. pulchripes, E. campestrtus, B. albopilosum, and I am sure there are quite a few others out there.

Phlerr

Arachnoknight
Each tarantula is an individual, thus will have individual temperaments as well. With that in mind some of the more docile terrestrial species tend to be G. pulchra, G. pulchripes, E. campestrtus, B. albopilosum, and I am sure there are quite a few others out there.
My thoughts exactly but if I had to pick one of those as the MOST docile and handable, Id say the B albo would be your best bet.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The most handleable tarantula is the one that allows handling without flight, bite or flick. Even those in the 'docile' species are individual in that regard.

invictus

Arachnopeon
G. pulchra by far.

I'm a little concerned about people who claim their T's "love" to be held; you should look up the word "anthropomorphism". Your Ts don't "love" anything. They are tolerant of being held, and maybe enjoy your body heat. That's about it.

That said, I'm getting both P.ultramarinus and a chilean flame with the order I have coming, so it is really good to hear that people have had pleasant experiences interacting with them. :D

Jared781

Arachnobaron
Id say my G. rosea as she tends to just sit, then walks slowely.. My B. vagans is more entertaining because he walks faster and is basically a toy

Jared781

Arachnobaron
The most handleable tarantula is the one that allows handling without flight, bite or flick. Even those in the 'docile' species are individual in that regard.
obviously.. most of the Brachypelma sp. belong to that category lol

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
In regards to the OP, I agree with whoever provided the most vague answer (ie. depends on the individual, etc) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
a. avics by far, they may roam around some but I think my cat is more grumpy than any of my avics lol