So my OBT escaped today...

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
Spent 45 mins (mostly unhooking dishwasher connections and unscrewing face plates) but, I got her back.

She then ran to the back of the dishwasher...

She is just at 5 inches after having just molted recently.

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
Glad you got her back, how did she escape?
I hadn't seen her in a while so I was checking on her status, retrieving her molt and, cleaning out some old left overs from her cage and she got a wild hair up her butt and was off to the races. Wasn't even giving me threats like she has in the past. She was being timid because of the recent molt. I could see it start but all I had time to do was get my hand out of the way.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hadn't seen her in a while so I was checking on her status, retrieving her molt and, cleaning out some old left overs from her cage and she got a wild hair up her butt and was off to the races. Wasn't even giving me threats like she has in the past. She was being timid because of the recent molt. I could see it start but all I had time to do was get my hand out of the way.
Atleast you didn't get tagged, you got her back, and maybe learned something. That's all that matters.

joshb

Arachnopeon
Wow - glad to hear you got out safely and also that you got her back in one piece! A happy ending for all. And sounds like you'll have to be more careful next time - though, can you ever be too careful??

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks like a mature male in he fourth picture. I may be wrong though because I am on my phone.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Looks like a mature male in he fourth picture. I may be wrong though because I am on my phone.
It looks like it has boxing gloves. You may have a mature male based on the pictures. Maybe not?

Regardless. OBTs are fast and scary. I'm glad nobody got bitten in the making of this adventure.

Ethan

Arachnopeon
It's a good looking T, and it's a good thing you found it

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
Atleast you didn't get tagged, you got her back, and maybe learned something. That's all that matters.
You got that right...

I didn't notice any boxing gloves... I will have to take a closer look. The molt was destroyed so I couldn't tell from that. If It starts spinning a sperm web I'll know for sure lol. It was given to me as a female.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
It was given to me as a female.

I'm sure you know more about her than any of us. I simply stated that in the pictures it appears to possess emboli on its pedipalps.
We could assist you in laying this to rest once and for all if you don't mind posting a clear picture of the palps!

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right as I'm about to order 5 more, you post THIS and make me reconsider my whole purchase :p

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
It looks like it has boxing gloves. You may have a mature male based on the pictures. Maybe not?

Regardless. OBTs are fast and scary. I'm glad nobody got bitten in the making of this adventure.

Good eye guys! I was finally able to get a good look and damn if he doesn't have hooks. Having only seen him during his escape because he never came out of his hide, I wasn't checking for boxing gloves. Especially since I was under the impression that he was a she. He appears to be a good size for a male.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol.. damn it.. was just about to address that it IS a MM.. i see hooks and all..
Glad you got him back though

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Time to contact the seller .. and IME 5" is about right for a MM (at least my girls BF is).. just all leg